[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 20 11:33:01 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Layers of the Ring: The Two Towers (Part 3)
Strider continues his epic journey through the varying layers of Tolkien’s
Middle-Earth, examining the journey from book to game, this time focusing on
The Two Towers. What connects a certain Scottish play to Fangorn Forest? In
part three Strider tackles the final levels of The Two Towers and explores
Helm’s Deep through the eyes of Peter Jackson and J.R.R. Tolkien.
InRetroSpect & Switch On Media acknowledge that materials used in this piece
are the property of Warner Bros. Entertainment and Warner Music Group. These
materials are used strictly for professional and analytical purposes and no
financial gain is sought from using them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZeIt-qmO3g

Hobbit in 5 – Howard Shore, Peter Jackson Casting News, Master of Laketown.
On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we talk about Matamata’s “makeover” for cast
and crew of The Hobbit, Weta’s Rivendell Environment is now available for
pre-order, a fan builds his own Hobbit hole, Howard Shore receives award,
Peter Jackson announces casting of Stephen Fry, Ryan Gage, and Conan
Stevens, and we continue with another character study!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB9kyfJh5hQ

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

Peter Jackson announces casting of Stephen Fry, Conan
Navigating around the Hollywood press-release protocol, Peter Jackson
announced via Facebook that he has cast Stephen Fry as the Master of
Laketown. From Jackson’s comments it sounds like he and Fry are still
working on the “Dambusters” film. “In addition to his writing skills, he’s a
terrific actor and will create a very memorable “Master” for us.”
http://tinyurl.com/43u6dvf

Weta’s Rivendell Environment Pre-Order Open Now! 300 Piece Limited Run
All right ringers, I told you a couple weeks ago, when profiling Weta
Workshop, that the most impressive environment was going to be just around
the corner. Well, we’ve rounded the corner, and Rivendell is ready to be
pre-ordered. If there was ever a must have environment this would be it!
http://tinyurl.com/3he64xq

Weaponry of The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios invite you
delve deeper into the weaponry of the upcoming 2011 video game The Lord of
the Rings: War in the North with a new action-packed video. The video
reveals the in-game fellowship of three fighting fearsome foes – from
colossal spiders to towering trolls – showcasing the variety of weaponry
available to the heroes along with a few comical endeavors from the
Snowblind team.
http://tinyurl.com/3b6k6g8

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet