[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 27 11:43:55 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Benedict Cumberbatch, Larry Curtis Article, Nori Character Study
On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we discuss Benedict Cumberbatch’s role
in The Hobbit, the small explosion at Stone Street Studios in NZ, the
cast and crew’s involvement in the Christchurch Earthquake Relief
telethon (and wish Ian McKellen a very happy birthday), and give an
excerpt from Larry Curtis’s article from movies.com. We also take a
look at Nori in this week’s character study.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVYgO_49zcc

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

Peter Confirms Orlando Bloom joining ‘The Hobbit’
Direct from Peter Jackson…Ten years ago, Orlando Bloom created an
iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas. I’m excited to
announce today that we’ll be revisiting Middle Earth with him once
more. I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. Funny thing is, I
look older—and he doesn’t! I guess that’s why he makes such a
wonderful elf.
http://tinyurl.com/3nu24g8

Bid on a Cast Signed Copy of ‘The Hobbit’ to Help NZ Earthquake Victims
If you’d like to help the New Zealand Government’s Christchurch
Earthquake Appeal, what better way than to bid on a signed copy of
‘The Hobbit!’ This copy of The Hobbit has been signed by the many
actors playing the dwarves in the films, as well as everyone’s
favorite wizard, Sir Ian McKellen. Ian even included a beautiful
Gandalf sketch. Just imagine the value of this item after two
successful ‘Hobbit‘ films are released in theaters. Place your bids
today as the auction ends June 2nd 2011. And if you can’t compete in
the bidding process, don’t forget to help with the relief efforts by
donating.
http://tinyurl.com/3usz44v

Sideshow Collectibles Teases Boromir Statue
Sideshow Collectibles has posted a teaser video of their upcoming
Boromir statue. Based on the small tidbit we see in the video, it
looks like this statue will recreate the scene of Boromir in
Osgiliath. This is the latest piece to join the new statue line-up
that already  includes Gandalf, Aragorn as Strider, Gimli and Legolas.
http://tinyurl.com/3kuhxpn

The Hobbit Countdown: The Return to Middle-earth
Our own MrCere is catching the world up on what Hobbit happenings at
Movies.com. Here is his first post. Larry D. Curtis, as part of the
team at TheOneRing.net, has been comprehensively covering the works
and adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien for more than a decade, making the
not-for-profit site the leading source about The Hobbit and The Lord
of The Rings for fans and film makers world wide. Curtis represents
the site at conventions and events around the US including the San
Diego Comic-Con. You can read his The Hobbit Countdown here at
Movies.com every other Monday beginning June 6th.
http://tinyurl.com/3ksu4zf

Fire on set of The Hobbit -UPDATE
Breaking news from tvnz.co.nz There has been an industrial accident on
the set of Sir Peter Jackson’s film The Hobbit. The fire service says
two people received burns in the incident at the Stone Street studios
in the Wellington suburb of Miramar. It is understood their injuries
are minor. There is no word on the exact cause of the accident. More
to follow.
http://tinyurl.com/3h38xh6

Breaking: Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hobbit?
Tweeted first by BBC Entertainment Reporter Lizo (here), apparently
Bilbo Baggins, aka Martin Freeman, has let slip that fellow ‘Sherlock’
actor Benedict Cumberbatch has a role in The Hobbit. Seems like a good
pick for casting, but what role will he play? Share your thoughts in
our comments, discussion board and on facebook! (Personally, I think
he looks rather Elven. But his name is so Hobbitish!)
http://tinyurl.com/3vjamu3

Wellywood sign to go ahead (Noooooo!!!)
A Wellywood sign to celebrate the capital’s film industry will be
built along the hillside next to the Miramar Cutting. The
Hollywood-style sign will be 3.5 metres high and 28m wide. It is
understood to cost several hundred thousand dollars and is intended to
be ready for the Rugby World Cup in September. Veteran Wellington film
director Geoff Murphy could barely stop laughing when told yesterday
that the idea would proceed.
http://tinyurl.com/4yj5phf

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet