[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 13 12:14:54 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Layers of the Rings: The Two Towers (Part 2)
>From the folks at inretrospectpodcast.com: Strider continues his epic
journey through the varying layers of Tolkien’s Middle-Earth,
examining the journey from book to game, this time focusing on The Two
Towers. What connects a certain Scottish play to Fangorn Forest? In
part two Strider’s journey takes him from Fangorn Forest to the plains
of Rohan and beyond exploring how the books, films, games and real
life locations portray this expansive environment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3HtMLQjuug

Hobbit in 5 – Bloom in The Hobbit?, Sylvester McCoy, Two Character Studies
On this episode of Hobbit in 5 we talk about Orlando Bloom, Sylvester
McCoy, and have two character studies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxwywuK3BEE

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

Did you place a TORn T-Shirt Pre-Order?
Did you place an t-shirt pre-order for our ‘Mirkwood Pest Control’ or
‘Lousy T-Shirt 2011?’ If you did, and you have not received an email
from us telling you the order is ready with links and details, please
email calisuri at theonering.net. I’ll send you the specific details on
how to complete your order and get the shirt(s) to your door asap!
Please include the name and email address which you used to place your
pre-order in the email. Thanks again for your support! (We’ll be
announcing our next line of shirts in about a month)
http://tinyurl.com/3fa7erq

LOTR West Coast Premiere Arena Tour Announced!
A nine-city West Coast tour of the highly anticipated The Lord of the
Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring will begin on October 12
at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Arizona. Featuring Howard Shore’s
complete Academy Award® and Grammy®–winning score performed live
on-stage by more than 250 musicians, the Glendale presentation of
Fellowship will be followed by engagements in San Diego, Las Vegas,
Anaheim, Portland, Seattle, Fresno, Oakland and Sacramento. Celebrated
Maestro Ludwig Wicki, the preeminent conductor of Howard Shore’s Ring
music, will conduct all performances. Joining Maestro Wicki is soprano
Kaitlyn Lusk, who has toured the world as a soloist in The Lord of the
Rings Symphony. Peter Jackson’s complete award-winning epic will be
projected digitally on an immense 60-foot screen using an uncompressed
high definition source with two 20k lumen projectors while the
combined forces of the Munich Symphony Orchestra, Pacific Chorale, and
Phoenix Boys Choir bring the music of Middle-earth to life.
Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 6 for all cities.
http://tinyurl.com/3s89goe

2 Minute Trailer for LOTR Ex 3-Night Event
We’ve got another special update for you about the upcoming The Lord
of the Rings Extended Edition 3-Night Event. If you weren’t excited by
the 30 second spot we shared last week, take a gander at this 2 minute
spot! And if that doesn’t make you want to join fellow fans on three
Tuesday nights in June, we’re not sure what will! [Buy Tickets] If you
are unlucky enough to not be near a theater (like me!) then we’ll just
have to wait for the LOTR Ex on Blu-Ray, June 28th. New theaters are
still being added, so don’t give up hope just yet!
http://tinyurl.com/3e56qxg

Freeman Goes on Hobbit Hiatus
Ian McKellen blogs that Martin Freeman, who stars as Bilbo Baggins in
The Hobbit, has gone on hiatus in order to fulfill his previous
commitment to shoot three more Sherlock telefilms. (Freeman, in case
you didn’t know, plays Dr. Watson in the show.) He’ll return to the
Hobbit production upon completion of Sherlock.
http://tinyurl.com/3pr8t46

Ian McKellen Confirms Elrond, Lindir/Figwit Casting
It’s been more than a month since Sir Ian McKellen posted an entry on
his blog “Notes From Imladris” dedicated to his adventures filming The
Hobbit. But the wait seems to have been worth it. His latest blog
entry “THE HOBBIT, 2 Elves, and another Wizard” is replete with a
picture of Hugo Weaving, who’ll be returning as Lord Elrond, a
screencap from ROTK of Bret McKenzie as the Elf Lindir, and a picture
of  Sylvester McCoy who’s been cast in the role of Radagast the Brown.
http://tinyurl.com/65mcjm4

Orlando Bloom In The Hobbit: A Done Deal?
The BBC America Blog has an interesting interview with Orlando Bloom
where his words seem to imply he’s going to be a part of The Hobbit
(as, of course, the Elf Legolas). Here’s one of the statements he
makes: "I can’t really discuss it too much at this point, but I’m very
excited at the prospect of being a part of it again. I think it will
be wonderful to get back there."
http://tinyurl.com/3tgd9lb

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet