[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 6 11:29:57 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Book Review: ‘The Art of the Lord of the Rings’ Series by Gary Russell
J.W. Braun is back with another trivia question and a review of The
Art of the Lord of the Rings book series by Gary Russell. If you like
Braun’s reviews, be sure to check out his new facebook page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUglETi-dGI

Hobbit in 5 – Ronan says “no” to Hobbit, Hugo is back, Kili Character Study
On this episode of Hobbit in 5 we talk about Saoirse Ronan not taking
part in The Hobbit, Hugo Weaving’s return, do a character study on
Kili, and more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIiOOEHARc

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

The Saorise Ronan/Itaril Rumours Can Now Be Laid To Rest
In a new interview with the Belfast Telegraph, Saorise Ronan has
revealed that she will not be playing the long rumoured role of the
Elf Itaril in the upcoming Hobbit films. An excerpt follows: "It’s
probably not going to work out with The Hobbit unfortunately. Because
I would have been working for about a year on it and there were other
projects that I was very interested in."
http://tinyurl.com/3bom68g

Peter Jackson Doing “20 Questions” On Facebook
Peter Jackson has posted a note on his Facebook page inviting fans to
send in questions about the upcoming Hobbit films out of which he will
soon pick 20 questions to answer. An excerpt follows (but be sure to
read the entire note accessible from the link above):
"It seems like a lifetime ago now, but way back at the beginning of
The Lord of the Rings, I agreed to answer 20 questions… I thought you
might like to do the same thing again with The Hobbit, using this
Facebook page. So let’s get into it … if there’s anything you’d like
to know about the movies we’re making, please send me questions (on
this page) and we’ll start answering 20 of them. Who knows – if we
have fun, why stop at 20?"
http://tinyurl.com/3o7n76k

Hugo Weaving Confirmed as Elrond?
stuff.co.nz is saying that Hobbit spokesperson Melissa Booth has
confirmed that Hugo Weaving is back as Elrond! “Hugo Weaving will
reprise his role as Elrond the elf for the two-part Hobbit movie now
being shot in Wellington. The Hobbit spokeswoman Melissa Booth
confirmed that Weaving would feature in Jackson’s 3-D prequel to The
Lord of the Rings trilogy.” The news nugget was buried in another
story about the casting of Dean O’Gorman and Lee Pace.
http://tinyurl.com/3c99fbv

Spt Photos from Stone Street Studios
Ringer Spy SheElf09 sends along these spy photos snapped last week at
Stone Street Studios. Not too sure what we can see here, but its cool
anyway! Take a look!
http://tinyurl.com/3t7jv8p

Fili and Thranduil Casting Announced on Facebook
Peter Jackson has posted a note on his Facebook page announcing the
recast of Fili and the much-anticipated announcement of the actor
playing Thranduil! Lee Pace will be playing the Elven King Thranduil
and Den O’Gorman will be playing Fili. While we create the bio pages
for both, check out Peter Jackson’s note!
http://tinyurl.com/3uwvnap

Exclusive Private Ticket Sale – Coming Soon!
To celebrate the much-anticipated release of The Lord of the Rings
Trilogy on Blu-ray, a special 3-Night Theatrical Event is being
planned this June. And as we teased this week, TheOneRing.net is
excited to be a part of this film series event! Starting tomorrow, we
will send a private ticket sale offer to our newsletter subscribers!
This means you will be able to reserve your tickets a full 5 days
before the general public has a shot! Since this is a single showing
of each extended edition film in theaters, it is expected these events
will sell out VERY fast. Oh, and did we mention there may be a special
video from Peter Jackson before the screenings?? Join our newsletter
today and check your email tomorrow for this exclusive offer. And of
course, stay tuned in coming weeks for even more details and
information about this event!
http://tinyurl.com/3cmgpmm

Hugo Weaving On “The Hobbit” Set
Peter Jackson has just posted on his Facebook page a picture of an
“old friend” who dropped by to visit him today. TORn had earlier this
week reported (by way of Jack from the Noldor Blog) that Hugo Weaving
had been spotted in Wellington, New Zealand. The pic PJ posted shows
Hugo on the sets of The Hobbit.
http://tinyurl.com/424f2t2

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet