[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Mar 4 11:34:56 CST 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Weta Auctions for NZ, Spy Shots, Dori, and More!
On this week’s episode of Hobbit in 5 we look at more ways to help New
Zealand earthquake victims, Mikael Persbrandt wins and Oscar, more
character studies, and Ringer Spy HobbitWatch gives us a glimpse of a
very special Hobbit action sequence with Bilbo and the Dwarves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvjImnvo7s

Digital Wanderlust: The Layers of the Rings
The folks from InRetrospect Podcast have kindly allowed us to post
their latest Tolkien themed podcast on TORN TV, so be sure to take a
look and visit them for parts 2 and 3 when they go online! Digital
Wanderlust: The Layers of the Rings Part I Strider begins his longest
journey yet, travelling through a book, two games, three films and
around the world to examine the different landscapes of Middle-Earth.
Part One of Three.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0KI8qYe8g

Watch Previous Episodes

Ep6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1GBU2p3og
Ep5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nePV2Gk8wTc
Ep4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w0C9RyLhA
Ep3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gIT2gvXjk
Ep2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMj2jkYSa-w
Ep1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9_PBpkPvM

Sir Ian Holm Awaiting His “Hobbit” Call
The Telegraph reports today that Sir Ian Holm, who portrayed Bilbo to
perfection in the Lord of the Rings, was contacted previously to
reprise his role as an “older Bilbo” in the upcoming Hobbit films, but
he hasn’t heard back from the producers since.
http://tinyurl.com/4b5abya

Exclusive: Dual Hobbit Film Titles Revealed?
Ringer Spy Mr. Underbelly monitors movie titles that are registered by
major film studios. Mr. Underbelly noticed that New Line has recently
registered the following two film titles: The Hobbit: There and Back
Again and… The Hobbit: An/The Unexpected Journey
http://tinyurl.com/5tq8s4g

WETA Auctions for Christchurch Earthquake Appeal
>From the folks at WETA: At Weta Collectibles, we of course follow the
developments after the devastating earthquake in New Zealand’s second
largest city Christchurch with a lump in our throats. As a way to
contribute and support where we can, we are auctioning three unique
items on our eBay page and donating all proceeds to the New Zealand
Red Cross Earthquake Appeal:

1. A Bag End Collector’s Edition miniature environment, signed by Peter Jackson
2. A Prancing Pony miniature environment, signed by Richard Taylor
3. A custom Dr Grordbort’s Raygun, signed by Greg Broadmore
http://myworld.ebay.com/wetalimited

Lord of the Rings Online Book 3 Content Update – New Screens!
Turbine has just released a batch of new screenshots from the upcoming
Book 3, Echoes of the Dead content update for the award-winning The
Lord of the Rings Online. This new Book will continue the Epic Story,
with a major quest arc & raid, and new cosmetic upgrades, among other
updates.
http://tinyurl.com/4t5ajls

TORN and Colleen Doran Help Raise Funds for Disaster Relief
Internationally acclaimed artist and our good friend Colleen Doran
(ColleenDoran.com) has donated one of her most sought after pieces,
‘Elf King’, to us for sale on TheOneRing.net to raise funds for
disaster relief in New Zealand. All profits made from these sales will
go directly to help those affected by the recent earthquake. To sell
these items, we have created a Zazzle.com storefront. If you are not
familiar with Zazzle, not only can you purchase one of the items
below, you can then further customize it to have additional text or
imagery. Place your order and support a great cause at the same time!
Check out http://www.zazzle.com/theoneringnet for all the goodies
available. We’d like to thank Colleen for her generosity in helping
this campaign come to fruition. Please visit her site at
ColleenDoran.com.
http://www.zazzle.com/theoneringnet/gifts

Hobbiton Set Report: ‘Perfect’
frodowen writes: I’m backpacking in NZ right now and recently did the
Hobbiton set tour in Matamata. I saw a while back that you reported
they were closed, but since the filmed was pushed back due to PJ being
in hospital it’s been reopened. Well, because they should have been
filming right now, the set is PERFECT.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/02/27/42488-hobbiton-set-report-perfect/

Confirmed: Ngila Dickson NOT Working on Hobbit Costumes
Since production of The Hobbit began ramping up we have been getting
emails from curious fashionistas about costume designer Ngila Dickson,
will she be continuing stunning her work on The Hobbit? Our answer has
always been ‘we’ll let you know as soon as we know!’. Well the answer
now comes in the form of a ‘Reel Late with Kate’ interview. Moa hunter
brings us the news: “Reel Late with Kate [TV3-NZ] last night included
an interview with Ngila Dickson. At the end of the programme the
presenter (Kate Rodger) said that Ngila Dickson would not be working
on The Hobbit because of existing contractual obligations.”
http://tinyurl.com/4w9z4sl

Wellington Extra Casting Call Report
Markus writes: I know that a lot of people are extremely interested to
hear from the extra casting in Wellington today. Well, I was there.
But as we all had to sign a non-disclosure agreement I have to keep it
vague and can only tell the obvious, visible from the outside and some
heart-warming stories. There was some press-folks around and I noticed
that they managed to find people telling them what happened, so I
guess it will be in the news soon.
http://tinyurl.com/49u8cab

Exclusive: Barrel-Riding Test Photos at Aratiatia Rapids
A few weeks back, we posted a story from the NZ Post about how the
Aratiatia Rapids, a popular tourist destination, would be shut down
for four days during peak tourist season for The Hobbit filming.
Adding further credit to that report are these images from Ringer Spy
Hobbitwatch. In the photos, you can see a crew performing some kind of
tests with pink barrels at the Falls.
http://tinyurl.com/4z8mcb9

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet