[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jun 10 12:20:41 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

Book Review: Jude Fisher’s Lord of the Rings Visual Companion

This month on J.W. Braun’s Bookshelf, J.W. reviews Jude Fisher’s Lord
of the Rings Visual Companion series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKu-6GEpzQo

Hobbit in 5 - Hall of Fire Chats, LOTR In Concert, Ori Character Study

On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we talk about the next Hall of Fire
chat, LOTRO expansion pack, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North at
E3, Badali Jewelry sale, and invite you to test your trivia knowledge
on The Lord of the Rings Facebook page! We are also happy to announce
The Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring. We take
a look at Ori in our character study this week.

Thanks to our executive producers: Pete Ritzer, Bonita Marques, Trevor
Ashman, Eric Webster, and Mark Bednarowski.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWu-6fq1rs

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

LOTR West Coast Film/Concert Tickets on Sale NOW!
Tickets Available at www.lordoftheringsinconcert.com

A nine-city West Coast tour of the highly anticipated The Lord of the
Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring will begin on October 12
at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Arizona. Featuring Howard Shore’s
complete Academy Award® and Grammy®–winning score performed live
on-stage by more than 200 musicians, the Glendale presentation of
Fellowship will be followed by engagements in San Diego, Las Vegas,
Anaheim, Portland, Seattle, Fresno, Oakland and Sacramento. Tickets go
on sale on Friday, June 10 for all cities. Celebrated Maestro Ludwig
Wicki, the preeminent conductor of Howard Shore’s Ring music, will
conduct all performances. Joining Maestro Wicki is soprano Kaitlyn
Lusk, who has toured the world as a soloist in The Lord of the Rings
Symphony.
http://tinyurl.com/3ut87gy

Peter Jackson And Film Crew Spotted In Queenstown
New Zealand website scene.co.nz reports that Peter Jackson’s
Gulfstream private jet was spotted in Queenstown yesterday. The report
states that post touchdown,  a 15-person entourage headed out for a
hanger at local chopper company Heliworks.
http://tinyurl.com/4ymqhdb

Elijah Wood, Sean Astin Speak About “The Hobbit”
Access Hollywood caught up with Elijah Wood in LA and spoke with him
about his upcoming trip to New Zealand to reprise his role of Frodo
Baggins in The Hobbit. In related news, Access Hollywood also happened
to snag an interview with Sean Astin and asked him what he thought
about The Hobbit.
http://tinyurl.com/3gjw8jt

LOTRO: Rise of Isengard Launches Sep 27th!
NEEDHAM, MA – June 7, 2011– Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and
Turbine announced today The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of
Isengard™, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play
massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) will launch on
September 27, 2011. Players across North America and Europe can
pre-purchase Rise of Isengard to receive special benefits starting
today at http://www.lotro.com/isengard.
http://tinyurl.com/3zuxj8g

Don’t miss LOTR EX In Theaters! This Month!
We’re just a week away! Tickets are still available for The Lord of
the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition taking place June 14th, 21st and
28th at a theater near you? Use this direct link to the order your
tickets today! To help celebrate the release of The Lord of the Rings
Trilogy on Blu-ray (June 28th), Warner Brothers has chosen select
theaters in the US to show all three films in their extended form: The
Fellowship of the Ring on June 14th; The Two Towers on June 21st;The
Return of the King on June 28th. Top that off with a special message
from director Peter Jackson before the screenings and you have the
makings of an amazing time! Snag your tickets today!
http://tinyurl.com/3aqz64r

Badali Jewelry Asks ‘What Would YOU Like To See Made?
Last night I was contacted by the wonderful folks at Badali Jewelry, a
family run jewelery maker with deep roots in Tolkien creations. They
wanted us to ask you, the fans, what you would like to see them make
from the LOTR Trilogy and The Hobbit books. What item would be your
must-have? Post in the comments below, join the conversation on our
message boards or Facebook page. Badali Jewelry are waiting for your
input..who knows, your dream may become reality! Be sure to visit
badalijewelry.com to see all their excellent work!
http://tinyurl.com/3zwpp8f

Radio City Live Score To Film Pushed to 2012?
Matt sends this in: ROTK Score performed live to projection at Radio
City Music Hall apparently will not happen this year as previously
posted. The events website needs reads “stay tuned for dates and times
in 2012.” theradiocitylotrconcert.com
http://tinyurl.com/3ox42p4

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet