[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jun 3 11:44:43 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Hobbit Movie Titles, Set Pictures, Peter Jackson Answers Question
On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we introduce you to our new website,
reveal the official titles for The Hobbit, talk about possible LOTR
extended edition screenings in NZ, look at some set pieces, and Sir
Peter Jackson begins to answer fan-submitted questions! We also cover
Oin in our character study!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjv1ERIFTs

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring
(Los Angeles, June 3, 2011) — A nine-city West Coast tour of the
highly anticipated The Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of
the Ring will begin on October 12 at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale,
Arizona. Featuring Howard Shore’s complete Academy Award® and
Grammy®–winning score performed live on-stage by more than 200
musicians, the Glendale presentation of Fellowship will be followed by
engagements in San Diego, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Portland, Seattle,
Fresno, Oakland and Sacramento. Tickets go on sale on Friday, June 10
for all cities.
http://tinyurl.com/43gjsmz

“Will PJ’s Tolkien Tinkering Make Or Break The Hobbit?”
That’s the big question posed by Ben Child of The Guardian! To begin
with, fans have long known that Peter Jackson’s vision for his
two-part adaptation of The Hobbit involves plans to include the
activities of the White Council and the Necromancer of Dol Guldur, a
rather sketchy storyline that minimally involves Gandalf, Saruman, and
Galadriel, and occurs parallel to the main story of Bilbo’s journey
with the thirteen Dwarves to the Lonely Mountain.
http://tinyurl.com/6ee8e9d

Warner Bros. Release Sneak Peek of LOTR: War in the North at E3
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios
reveal a sneak peek at their E3 offerings, with an onslaught of assets
for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. As our heroes’ travels
lead to E3, the Fellowship of three expands to include a new member –
heroes will rise.
http://tinyurl.com/3jsscwk

Sir Ian McKellen On Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hobbit
Sir Ian McKellen has earlier today put up a new blog post titled
“Congratulations, dear Watson“ on his personal blog “Notes From
Imladris“ chronicling his journey filming The Hobbit. Those following
TORn will recall our coverage from last week of Martin Freeman letting
slip the news that Benedict Cumberbatch has landed a role in the
films.
http://tinyurl.com/3elelen

Official Film Titles Announced – March 2nd Titles Confirmed
Right smack dab in the middle of the Memorial Day Holiday in the US,
Warner Brothers has announced the official titles for the two upcoming
‘The Hobbit‘ films. As previously reported in March, they are ‘The
Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey‘ and ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again.’
Click ‘continue reading’ for the full release!
http://tinyurl.com/3oqlx4w

Jackson confirms White Council and Attack on Dol Guldur!
Peter Jackson has started answering fan-submitted questions on his
official Facebook page, and the first answer is a big one! Since
learning there would be two films, most of us here at TheOneRing.net
were dreaming we’d get to see The White Council and the attack on Dol
Guldur. Well, as it turns out, we will! Not to take anything away from
PJ’s official post, we won’t reveal more here in this article.
(including the exclusive picture of The White Council). You’ll have to
jump over to Facebook and see it for yourself. And don’t forget to
‘like’ TheOneRing.net on Facebook to get all the latest Hobbit
updates!
http://tinyurl.com/3ul2nuy

Peter Confirms Orlando Bloom joining ‘The Hobbit’
Direct from Peter Jackson…Ten years ago, Orlando Bloom created an
iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas. I’m excited to
announce today that we’ll be revisiting Middle Earth with him once
more. I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. Funny thing is, I
look older—and he doesn’t! I guess that’s why he makes such a
wonderful elf.
http://tinyurl.com/3nu24g8

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet