[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Jul 29 11:41:48 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

Hobbit in 5 Lite – Richard Armitage, Saoirse Ronan, Luke Evans

On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we talk about Richard Armitage’s
“menacing” face, Saoirse Ronan is disappointed about the Hobbit, and
Luke Evans’s online audition! We also talk about TORn’s red carpet
coverage! We’ll be back to normal next week!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMH3FesQpU

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

‘The Hobbit’: Luke Evans Auditioned Online
Luke Evans has been cast in “The Hobbit” as Bard the Bowman, but don’t
ask him anything about his experience working with director Peter
Jackson — because, believe it or not, he has never actually met the
man. In fact, he did his whole “Hobbit” audition online.
http://tinyurl.com/4528sj3

Collecting The Precious – Weta Orthanc Naming Contest
This Sunday, at 2pm PST, the new Orthanc Environment from the artists
at Weta Workshop will go up for Pre-Order. As, I told you the other
day, Weta wants your help to name this piece. Starting today and
running through August 5th at 5pm PST, we will be helping them collect
name suggestions through the link below. The winners will be chosen by
none other than Orthanc model makers David Tremont and Daniel
Falconer! The winner of the contest not only gets their name chosen
for Orthanc but they will also receive a collectors edition of Bag
End, and two runners up will receive a very cool Sauron T-Shirt. Good
Luck!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3nbsykf

Park Road Post Relies on SGO’s Mistika for The Hobbit
New Zealand-based Park Road Post Production has selected SGO’s Mistika
for the majority of the stereo and DI work onPeter Jackson‘s two-film
adaptation ofJ.R.R. Tolkien‘s The Hobbit. Mistika now forms the
backbone of Park Road’s stereo 3D infrastructure producing dailies for
editorial, finishing and grading.
http://tinyurl.com/3wqhbnl

Saoirse Ronan Disappointed To Miss Hobbit
Saoirse Ronan is “really disappointed” she couldn’t appear in ‘The
Hobbit’. The 17-year-old actress initially jumped at the chance to
work with director Peter Jackson – after previously starring in his
adaptation of Alice Sebold’s novel ‘The Lovely Bones’ – but eventually
decided she has to concentrate on her Hollywood career rather than
moving to New Zealand to be in the film. She said: “I’m really
disappointed that I couldn’t do it. I really am. Any excuse for me to
there are other projects as well that I’ve had to consider – and to do
that for over a year, it wouldn’t have left me time to do anything
else.”
http://tinyurl.com/3qwlmr2

Luke Evans Talks Bard The Bowman
It’s not been a bad year for Luke Evans, what with turns in Immortals,
The Raven and The Three Musketeers all in the bag. He was in San Diego
to promote at least two of those movies, so naturally we grabbed him
and asked about his latest, and most geek-friendly, role: Bard the
Bowman in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
http://tinyurl.com/3k62ecc

Collecting The Precious – Orthanc Pre-Ruin by Weta
During, Comic-Con 2011 Weta released the next amazing environment from
their The Lord of the Rings line. The item is noneother than Orthanc
the home or Saruman during the battle for The One Ring. This version
of Orthanc is before we see Saruman tear apart Isengard to use in his
part of making war in Middle-Earth.
http://tinyurl.com/3o2rgo5

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet