[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Jul 23 11:48:48 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

COMIC-CON 2011

Join us LIVE from Comic-Con 2011
TheOneRing.net will be streaming LIVE from San Diego Comic-Con 2011
and we hope you will join us! Starting at 10AM PT on Thursday, we’ll
broadcast (or attempt to!) our entire ‘The Hobbit’ panel live from San
Diego. Staffers MrCere and Quickbeam will be taking us behind the
scenes of the latest news and information about Peter Jackson’s
upcoming films and you’ll get to react along with the audience at the
convention.
http://www.theonering.net/live

Steven Spielberg & Peter Jackson Wow Fans At ‘The Adventures of
Tintin’ http://tinyurl.com/3c52yao

Peter Jackson suprises fans at Comic-Con! (updated) http://tinyurl.com/3pdo7po

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Production Video, Gaming, Comic-Con 2011
On this episode of Hobbit in 5, we talk about Peter Jackson’s latest
production diary videos, show off the new trailer for The Lord of the
Rings: War in the North, introduce pictures for The Lord of the Rings
Online: Rise of Isengard, look for crew accommodations in Piopio, NZ,
and find out what Peter Jackson and Andy Serkis think about Mikael
Persbrandt. We’ll also cover Thrain in our character study!

Thanks to our executive producers: Henry Tobin and Danielle Logan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ju1gwHDBtA

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

Dwarf Composite from Peter Jackson!
With all the excellent fan made composites for The Hobbit floating
around Peter Jackson decided to send us along the definitive version.
Click on the image above to see it in all its glory!
http://tinyurl.com/3npq4jl

Peter Jackson posts ‘Hobbit’ production diary #3
He may not be at Comic-Con, and the only Hobbit content is from
TheOneRing.net, but Peter Jackson knows that fans are salivating for
more on the two Hobbit movies and wow has he delivered. From the set
he leads viewers through memories from cast and crew of the first
segment of shooting including a surprise vet in the final shot.
http://tinyurl.com/3d9t3kc

Hobbit Shooting Scenes in Piopio This Fall/Spring
Patrick sends along word that scenes for ‘The Hobbit’ will be filmed
this November in the North Island town of Piopio. From Jasons.co.nz:
Piopio lies in a picturesque area of native forests and rolling
farmlands with rich native and exotic vegetation. The town is located
just south of Waitomo and Te Kuiti and is easily accessible to the
activities of the region including the Waitomo Caves, rafting, horse
trekking and hiking. Sheep and cattle farming are the main industries
of the area.
http://tinyurl.com/3vr93oo

Official Fellowship Trailer for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment releases the Official
Fellowship Trailer delving into the events and characters, which chart
the path of turmoil, depicted in the upcoming 2011 video game, The
Lord of the Rings: War in the North. In the face of an ancient evil
rising from the shadows, players will form the beginnings of a
Fellowship vital to the continued life of Middle-earth.
http://tinyurl.com/3fd8tg5

LOTRO: Rise of Isengard Expansion – New Assets!
Today, Turbine has released a new batch of screenshots from The Lord
of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard, the upcoming expansion to the
award-winning MMO. The screenshots show the brand-new region of
Dunland, one of three new regions coming with Rise of Isengard, which
launches on September 27th.
http://tinyurl.com/3hdyxmy

‘Persbrandt is Amazing, Impressive’ – Hobbit Directors
The Swedish Hobbit Blogger writes: I read an article in the Swedish
newspaper Aftonbladet. the article was an interview with Peter Jackson
and Andy Serkis in which they were asked what their opinions on the
performance of Mikael Persbrandt had been so far. Roughly translated
Peter Jackson said that “He has been amazing.” and that they will do
more scenes when the current break is over. Serkis opinion, who also
said that he; thus far, have only directed Persbrandt in was scene,
was that the Swedish actor “Is Impressive.”
http://tinyurl.com/3dkbtkp

Orlando Bloom NZ Bound
Kalypso sends this in: According to the August 2011 edition of InStyle
Magazine (Australia), Orlando Bloom is headed to New Zealand shortly
to film his scenes as Legolas. Attention NZ Ringers, be on the lookout
for Orlando Bloom in your area!
http://tinyurl.com/3hhxakm

TheOneRing.net Exclusive: Behold! Thorin Oakenshield and Orcrist!
For a week or so, we have been treated to an unprecedented look at the
Dwarves from Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit. Today, TheOneRing.net is both
honored and humbled to be given the worldwide exclusive reveal of
Thorin Oakenshield! (and Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver!)
http://tinyurl.com/4xlwkgc

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet
Twitter http://twitter.com/theoneringnet