[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Exclusive: Behold! Thorin Oakenshield and Orcrist!

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Sun Jul 17 11:08:21 CDT 2011

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/07/17/46145-theonering-net-exclusive-behold-thorin-oakenshield-and-orcrist/

For a week or so, we have been treated to an unprecedented look at the
Dwarves from Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit. Today, TheOneRing.net is both
honored and humbled to be given the worldwide exclusive reveal of
Thorin Oakenshield! (and Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver!)

As a young Dwarf prince, Thorin witnessed the destruction and terror
wrought when a great fire-breathing Dragon attacked the Dwarf Kingdom
of Erebor. After slaughtering many of Thorin’s kin, the great serpent,
Smaug, entered The Lonely Mountain and took possession of its vast
store of gold and jewels. No-one came to the aid of the surviving
Dwarves, and thus, a once proud and noble race was forced into exile.

Through long years of hardship, Thorin grew to be a strong and
fearless fighter and revered leader. In his heart a fierce desire
grew; a desire to reclaim his homeland and destroy the beast that had
brought such misery upon his people. So when fate offers him an
unusual ally, he seizes the chance for revenge.

We’d like to whole-heartedly thank the production for giving the
Tolkien fan community this final reveal! And now, we have seen the
full representation of Thorin and Company! After the break you’ll see
a great compilation photo of the rest of the dwarves. This particular
compilation is from our friend Paul (Thanks to all the Ringers sending
in their masterpieces!) TheOneRing.net staff got together and offered
some feedback for each and every member of the quest (as they appear
on Bilbo’s doorstep). Click ‘continue reading’ to read those comments
and view a high resolution picture of each dwarf. Please share your
thoughts and opinions in our comments, forum and Facbeook! We also
took the liberty to make some Thorin/The Hobbit themed wallpaper for
your computer.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/07/17/46145-theonering-net-exclusive-behold-thorin-oakenshield-and-orcrist/

--

Sincerely,