[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 28 20:00:48 CDT 2010

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Crumbses and Tidbits: "Hobbit" Start Date, Casting, 3D Discussions

LA Weekly columnist Nikki Finke seems to have some new information that even
the Eagles, ahem, the rest of the inerweb hasn't caught wind of yet.
Reporting over at Deadline.com on Peter Jackson's plans for the new King
Kong 360 3D attraction at the Universal Studios Hollywood studio tour, she
digresses to update fans on a few things "Hobbit", all of which seem to
indicate that serious matters are ongoing even as we wait and watch and
speculate.

http://tinyurl.com/32dd6tm

MGM controll shifted, Warner Bros. (and fans) frustrated over 'The Hobbit'
potential greenlight

Ringer spy Earl provided a story hot of the presses from the Los Angeles
Times that says MGM's management is no longer in control of the studio's
fate and that debtholders are now the decision makers.

http://tinyurl.com/2u33kwu

Better Late than Never! LOTR Blu-Ray Winners!

Last month, TheOneRing.net and Warner Brothers teamed up to celebrate the
release of The Lord Of The Rings Motion Picture Trilogy on Blu Ray with a
special giveaway. We've finally gotten around to announcing the winners
(yay!): Congratulations to message board member jmmorehouse who wins the
Grand Prize of a Lord of the Rings Middle-earth Treasure Chest Jewelry Box.

http://tinyurl.com/333k4g7

'Hobbit' a go? Not so fast and 3D uncertain

Rumors have hit the interwebs today that there is an now an official
greenlight for 'The Hobbit' which we have learned is not true and further
have learned that that 3D is a bit unlikely at this point. A greenlight
would mean that Warner Bros. either with MGM or despite MGM and its
uncertain future, have approved a budget and put the movie-making machine in
motion. We checked with our global spy network and our own Xoanon heard back
from sources in New Zealand that this is not true. So fans, calm those heart
palpitations. Update #1: Another rock-solid trusted source has checked in
with duplicate info so if there were any doubts, obliterate them. No lights
are green*.

http://tinyurl.com/2wzxeg6

Sideshow Releases a variety of LOTR Items

If you are a fan of Lord of the Rings collectibles and fine art, you'll want
to jump over to SideshowCollectibles.com tonight. With the launch of their
latest newsletter they have added Funko's LOTR plush dolls, including
Legolas, Gandalf, Frodo and a Moria Orc. Besides being insanely cute, they
are also very affordable at only $9.99 a piece. Sideshow has also begun a
relationship with renown LOTR artist Ted Nasmith to offer some of his
masterpieces. The first two offerings are custom framed versions of 'The
Wrath of the Ents' and 'Eowyn and the Nazgul.' And if that wasn't enough
LOTR to whet your collecting whistle, they've also added the Hobbit themed
Taverncraft 'Smaug the Magnificent' mugs which we posted about earlier this
week. Oh yea, they've also teased a new line of LOTR statues, starting out
with everyone's favorite Ranger!

http://tinyurl.com/32quhvb

Guillermo del Toro confirms no-green 'Hobbit', no 3D

Sources all over the place are confirming our earlier report that indeed,
there is no greenlight for "The Hobbit," and that currently 3D isn't being
planned. The director held a conference call supporting the film "Splice,"
and predictably those films based on J.R.R. Tolkien's book written for
children came up during the phone chat. The Mexican director, currently
living and working in New Zealand was definitive.

http://tinyurl.com/38dnpqm

Top 10 ways to make 'The Hobbit' movie like 'Avatar'

With all the rumors and speculation about having "The Hobbit" movies in 3D,
it sometimes feels like the big money made by "Avatar" has cast impossible
expectations over blockbuster films forever. It also seems that all that
cash is simply being attributed to the 3D aspect of the film and so now
every movie, including both parts of "The Hobbit," are part of the hype.
Since "Avatar" made sooooo much money, we wondered, "Why stop with visual
depth and polarized glasses?" And so we present our "Top 10 ways to make
'The Hobbit' movie like 'Avatar'."

http://tinyurl.com/3yhuj5d

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet>  - Twitter
<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>  - YouTube!