[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri May 21 17:05:06 CDT 2010

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Smaug Themed Stein Now Available!

Taverncraft Introduces Two Versions of the SmaugT the Magnificent Stein. SAN
DIEGO, CA (May 20, 2010) - Taverncraft, a subsidiary of 3 Point
Entertainment LLC, today announced that they have begun accepting pre-orders
for the first stein in their ongoing collectible drinkware series based on
the literary masterpieces The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Smaug the
Magnificent, illustrated by premier fantasy artist Matthew Stawicki, is
presently available in both Epic and Legendary editions, both with special
pre-order pricing. Additional details are available at www.hobbitsteins.com.

http://tinyurl.com/2amo3bx

Actor Bill Bailey auditioned for Gloin

Bailey, who is bringing his comedy show Bill Bailey Live to Wellington in
June, told The Dominion Post he had auditioned for the part of Gloin the
dwarf in The Lord of the Rings prequel. "I went along for a read-through of
The Hobbit. The first read-through was for Gloin," he said from London.

http://tinyurl.com/2bo7yl6

Samwise in The Hobbit?

Sean Astin is getting back into character as Samwise Gamgee, Frodo Baggins'
faithful hobbit friend in the Lord of the Rings trilogy-but he's not
prepping to shoot The Hobbit, because that is set before his character was
even born. Samwise will be appearing in the new Warner Brothers Interactive
video game The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest.

http://tinyurl.com/29saj22

Hobbit Extras Casting News: The Final Answer

We've received word from the folks at 3Foot7 regarding the casting of extras
for The Hobbit. Earlier in the year, incorrect contact and address details
were posted to TORN and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this
has caused. 3Foot7 would like to reconfirm how the process works: "We are
casting in the usual way. IE - we will contact people ONLY if we want to
take their application any further. As it happens, we do not need any
further applications at this time, and we will not be acknowledging that
we've received applications to date. There are just too many!"

http://tinyurl.com/2f4v8qz

Sing ROTK at Wolf Trap!

Isabel writes: If you're an experienced choral singer near the DC/VA area
interested in singing the score of Return of the King Live at Wolf Trap
National Park of the Performing Arts in September, come audition for the
City Choir of Washington. It'd be great to have some other Ringers in the
choir!! Either way, don't forget to RSVP. It's going to be fantastic!!!

http://tinyurl.com/27jkxox

Primula and other casting news / clues for 'The Hobbit'

Nobody has been cast in "The Hobbit," but there are some clues that despite
not being able to hire anybody, plenty of auditions are taking place. The
latest example is Caroline Grace-Cassidy for the role of Primula. We aren't
announcing that she has been cast, only that she visited Los Angeles for an
audition with "Lord of the Rings" casting director Victoria Burrows back in
March. It might be notable that this is beyond "send in a tape" or
auditioning in the UK where she is based so it could even be a second
audition or an in-person follow up to a previous recorded reading.

http://tinyurl.com/24wrod2

Blanchett Role In Hobbit Uncertain

Fans of The Hobbit know actors such as Ian McKellen (Gandalf) and Andy
Serkis (Gollum) have at least discussed reprising their Lord Of The Rings
roles with Hobbit director Guillermo del Toro or producer Peter Jackson.
While reports suggest other Lord Of The Rings actors may have a role in the
upcoming production, it appears one name has not been contacted at all.

http://tinyurl.com/28msaq8

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet>  - Twitter
<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>  - YouTube!
<http://www.youtube.com/user/TORNnet2>