[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Sat Apr 24 18:14:22 CDT 2010

Hello to all! Welcome to our new and improved newsletter! We will now be
sending out weekly updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Sequelcast Talks LOTR Animated

Uncle Milkshake, host of the Sequelcast, sends this in: All 3 of our
episodes covering the animated Lord of the Rings movies are online. Thanks
to your help, we were able to get Cliff Broadway on our Return of the King
episode. Here are the links to the episodes if you (or TheOneRing.Net
readers) want to take a listen!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/22/36276-sequelcast-talks-lotr-anima
ted/

Warner Acquires Lord Of The Rings MMO Dev Turbine

Media giant Warner Bros. has acquired independent MMO developer Turbine,
creator of Lord of the Rings Online, completing Warner's internal ownership
of all Lord of the Rings-based video games. Terms of the deal were not
disclosed, but a Boston Globe report pegs the purchase price as high as $160
million, based on information from "a source close to negotiation."

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/20/36261-warner-acquires-lord-of-the
-rings-mmo-dev-turbine/

PJ drops "Hobbit" DVD tidbits, talks LOTR 3D conversions, fan reactions to
Theatrical BluRay release

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Peter Jackson, Executive
Producer of the upcoming Hobbit films says of the films' behind-the-scenes
footage that "We've been filming DVD material for about a year. Guillermo
has been doing location scouts and design work, with the DVD people
following him around, so we've shot 20 or 30 hours of DVD material so far
and we're still a few months away from the first day of shooting."

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/20/36237-pj-drops-hobbit-dvd-tidbits
-talks-lotr-3d-conversions-fan-reactions-to-theatrical-bluray-release/

Hobbits returning home. Soon. Soon-ish, anyway.

The Matamata Chronicle got a tour of Hobbiton; the report on Stuff.co.nz has
details of the new construction, saying it will look exactly as it did in
"The Lord of the Rings." The bridge and mill are being rebuilt! Take the
last line, which talks about shooting dates and 3D, with a grain of salt: It
sounds like a wrap-up of previous reports, not all confirmed, rather than
fresh news.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/20/36233-hobbits-returning-home-soon
-soon-ish-anyway/

More LOTR Video Goodness

Linuxelf sends along another batch of LOTR archive clips: Weta Digital on
CGI Animation, Weta Team On Oscar Wins and future projects & Peter Jackson
talks about FOTR Premier. Enjoy!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/17/36224-more-lotr-video-goodness/

Tolkien Enterprises Changes Name

Tyler writes: It seems Tolkien Enterprises has changed their name to
Middle-earth Enterprises. Their site is now www.middleearth.com, and you can
go there for more information.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/17/36215-tolkien-enterprises-changes
-names/