[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Apr 16 19:36:30 CDT 2010

Hello to all! Welcome to our new and improved newsletter! We will now be
sending out weekly updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Peter Jackson says 2nd 'Hobbit' script is finished

Moviefone scored an interview with Peter Jackson about the pair of 'Hobbit'
movies that have been burning up internet bandwidth as every site remotely
related to popular culture has been scrambling to get the lowdown on what in
the devil has been going on. Director Guillermo del Toro has feed us
information on our message boards and we have some reliable sources, but
producer Jackson set the record straight on a couple of important facts.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/16/36206-jackson-sais-2nd-hobbit-scr
ipt-is-finished/

"Dragons" Movies Depicts Young Tolkien And Lewis Adventures

The Hollywood Reporter reports: Travis Adam Wright has been hired to adapt
"Here, There Be Dragons" and "The Search for the Red Dragon," the first two
books in James A. Owen's popular young-adult fantasy series "The Chronicles
of the Imaginarium Geographica." The Gotham Group is producing the feature
adaptations, with "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy co-producer Rick Porras
also coming aboard to produce. Warner Bros. will distribute the films in the
potential franchise.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/13/36170-dragons-movies-depicts-youn
g-tolkien-and-lewis-adventures/

'The Lord of the Rings' current and future Blu-ray releases

Todd Gilchrist writes: Yesterday in conjunction with the release of Warner
Brothers' new Blu-rays, Hollywood News published an exclusive interview with
Richard Taylor, one of the good folks at effects house Weta who was
responsible for helping bring the Lord of the Rings film to the screen.
While Taylor provided as much information as he could, he confessed outright
that he actually had nothing to do with the high-definition upgrade, and
further, hadn't even seen the discs yet. Subsequently, however, we spoke
with one of the DVD/BD project's actual participants, longtime Peter Jackson
collaborator Michael Pellerin, who provided some real insights into the
process of bringing the films to Blu-ray for the first time.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/12/36161-%e2%80%98the-lord-of-the-ri
ngs%e2%80%99-current-and-future-blu-ray-releases/

More Archive LOTR Goodies from NZ

Linuxelf sends some new clips along: First up is an in-depth interview with
Peter Jackson, plus this: Ever wondered how many New Zealanders as extras
where in the LOTR movie trilogy? This article does the maths & attempts to
find out! :) see how some of the extras had a blast to pass the time! And
finally TTT interviews the day after the NZ premiere with, Dominic Monaghan,
Billy Boyd, Elijah Wood, Peter Jackson, Karl Urban, they are also asked what
the strangest questions they had been asked by reporters. Enjoy!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/12/36157-more-archive-lotr-goodies-f
rom-nz/

Coming Up on TheOneRing Radio Show

Our guests next week may not be exactly LOTR themed but we're pumped about
them anyway! Join us as we chat with 'Attack of the Show' co-host and the
hottest nerd ever to grace the cover of 'Maxim', Olivia Munn! Later in the
show we'll be chatting with Robert Schneider from the indie band 'The Apples
in Stereo'. Keep an ear out for the latest news from TheOneRing.net and
beyond. Join us April 25th at 2PM Eastern on BlogTalkRadio.com.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/12/36163-coming-up-on-theonering-rad
io-show/

Exclusive: TORn's interview with Richard Taylor

With the release this week of the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first
time on Blu-ray, Warner Bros. offered TheOneRing.net the chance to speak to
with Richard Taylor, head of Weta Workshops. Taylor and partner Tania Rodger
famously built the New Zealand special effects house first from their
Wellington, New Zealand flat in in 1987 and expanded it dramatically in 1994
when bringing in Peter Jackson. Since then it has grown into one of the
elite special effects houses in the world, producing the wonders seen in
films like the LOTR trilogy, King Kong, and Avatar, just to name a very few,
and all of this across the ocean from the U.S. Film Industry, building what
director Guillermo del Toro called, "Hollywood the way God intended it."

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/09/36113-exclusive-torns-interview-w
ith-richard-taylor/

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet>  - Twitter
<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>  - YouTube!