[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Apr 30 19:42:08 CDT 2010

Hello to all! Welcome to our new and improved newsletter! We will now be
sending out weekly updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

LOTR Extended Edition Online Viewing Party, plus Hobbit Chat!

Founder's Day fun continues tomorrow with the 6th Annual LoTR Extended
Edition Trilogy Marathon! (phew, that's a long title!) Join us Saturday, May
1, beginning at 9 a.m. EDT. in TORn's chatroom "Barliman's" as people from
around the world will put their DVDs into their player and sit down at their
computers with one common goal: to gather virtually with other fans to watch
all three Lord of the Ring extended editions straight through. Geeky? Yes.
Fun? Absolutely. Marathon FAQ.

But that's not all! Also on Saturday Barliman's will be holding a special
Hobbit discussion between viewings of "The Two Towers" and "Return of the
King." (approx. 5:30 p.m.) Speculation and anticipation are mounting among
Lord of the Rings fans as news about the Hobbit continues to dribble out.
With scripts for the two films drafted, but the project still awaiting the
studio green light, TORn's Hall of Fire returns to host a discussion asking
"what next?" Come along, and bring your own rumors for discussion! So please
join us on the TORn IRC server this Saturday for two very special events!
Questions? Send them to barlimans at theonering.net .

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/30/36464-lotr-extended-edition-onlin
e-viewing-party-plus-hobbit-chat/

More Goodies from the Video Vault

Linuxelf sends along two more clips from the LOTR days of yore. A clip from
the FOTR premiere in New Zealand and New York!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/29/36457-more-goodies-from-the-video
-vault/

The Digital Bits Talks LOTR DVDs

Our pal Michael Pellerin sends this in: The Digital Bits just posted a new
article with me about the Theatrical LOTR BDs. This one is far more detailed
than the interview I did before for HollywoodNews. I was able to go into
more details about the potential future Box Set and what we have planned for
it.  Keep an eye out for Michael to join us on TheOneRing.net Radio Show
next month!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/29/36437-the-digital-bits-talks-lotr
-dvds/

LOTR Archive: Behind The Scenes - The Final Days - Part 1 of 2

Linuxelf sends along clips from a vast archive of NZ videos about LOTR. Take
a look at 'The Final Days of ROTK'.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/29/36434-lotr-archive-behind-the-sce
nes-the-final-days-part-1-of-2/

The Hobbit Releasing In December 2013? NO! UPDATE

The Wall Street Journal reports today that the Imax Corporation has signed a
deal with studio Warner Brothers to release up to 20 films through 2013.
Among the 15 films whose release dates are pending confirmation are Dark
Shadows, Superman, and Batman 3.

The remaining 5 films that have been "locked" are the last two installments
of the Harry Potter franchise: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (in 3D),
Happy Feet 2, and The Hobbit in December 2013. The snippet of the article
gives no indication about whether the December 2013 release time frame
pertains to the first or the second Hobbit film, nor whether the films will
be in 3D.

UPDATE: We've just received word that news about the 2013 release is WRONG,
sort of. The FIRST Hobbit film is still set for 2012, and the second is set
for 2013. This was reported incorrectly on an IMAX press release and was
picked up across the interweb. No fear! The Hobbit 1 is set for 2012!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/28/36420-the-hobbit-releasing-in-dec
ember-2013/

Good Knight Peter Jackson

What does Sir Peter Jackson do when he isn't in pre-pre-production and
scripting a pair of forthcoming "Hobbit" movies? He comes to terms with
accepts his knighthood and wears one of those super cool Dracula-looking
awards around his neck.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/27/36408-good-knight-peter-jackson/

Serkis Says Filming May Begin Soon

Middle-Earth fans have been anxious for filming on The Hobbit to begin.
With the MGM situation uncertain and apparently no green light, Peter
Jackson and Guillermo del Toro have downplayed rumors cameras might start
rolling this summer and suggested late 2010 as a more realistic time frame.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/27/36391-serkis-says-filming-may-beg
in-soon/

TheOneRing.net Celebrates its 11th Birthday

TheOneRing.net was established eleven years ago today, on April 26, 1999.
When TORn reached its 10th year in 2009, we had so much fun at the
festivities it was decided to make April 26 an annual holiday for the site
and call it: "Founder's Day" in honor of the four fabulous folks who created
this place. Last year, we marked our first Founder's Day with a gala 10-year
anniversary event that drew some VIP visitors. This year, things are little
more low key, but there are still plenty of activities and surprises in
store - so grab your party hat and join the festivities!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/04/25/36284-theonering-net-celebrates-i
ts-11th-birthday/

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet>  - Twitter
<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>  - YouTube!