[Lotr_announce] Announcing: Tuesday Trilogy Ticket Exchange

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:18:58 -0500

Announcing: Tuesday Trilogy Ticket Exchange

On online version of this email is available here:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/7/1067872791

In the last few weeks since Tuesday Trilogy tickets went on sale in the
U.S., many people have written in to say that they have found themselves
with extra tickets for one reason or another and don't know what to do with
them. For some people, eBay simply isn't an option. So, with that in mind, I
have a low-tech proposal.
What I'd like to do is facilitate the bringing-together of people who have
tickets with those who need tickets. The rest will be up to you. This
"Ticket Exchange" will be conducted as follows:

If you HAVE tickets:

Send an e-mail to maegwen@theonering.net, with the following information:

A screen name (For example, "Eorlas the Ticket Seller" etc.)
Your real name
Theater to which you hold tickets
The town and state the theater is located in
Number of tickets
Face Value of the tickets
Any fees incurred when you purchased the tickets (Handling, etc.)

If at all possible, I would like a scan of the tickets, but this is not
required.
NOTE: You MUST have ACTUAL tickets, not electronic tickets. If you have
nothing more than an E-Ticket confirmation page, please do not participate
in this exchange. If you wish to participate, please go to your theater and
PRINT OUT the tickets before offering them for sale.

By sending this information, you agree to sell this ticket at NO MORE than
face value + fees + whatever shipping costs are incurred, if any.

* * *

If you NEED tickets:

While I understand everyone's enthusiasm, you must understand that demand
far outweighs supply. In order to keep this as fair as possible, PLEASE READ
AND UNDERSTAND the following procedures and guidelines:

Depending on the number of "tickets available" e-mails received, there will
be ONE POST per day on the TORn home page announcing a ticket opportunity.

Posts will be made post-7pm EST only WHEN A TICKET IS AVAILABLE.

You MUST WAIT until an announcement for a theater has been made before
e-mailing.

DO NOT E-MAIL your ticket requests in ADVANCE. THERE IS NO WAITING LIST.

I would appreciate that people do NOT e-mail me in advance asking either
WHEN will I be posting or for WHAT location.

Please do not e-mail other TORn addresses, as they will have NO information
regarding this project.
I am sorry if it seems that there are so many "rules" about this, but TORn
is a volunteer organization. Over a hundred hours of time has already been
devoted to Tuesday Trilogy, and answering in excess of 1200 e-mails. To
attempt to handle an influx of mail regarding tickets that are *not yet
available* is simply too overwhelming.

When a post is made, the FIRST e-mail I receive -- AFTER THE POST IS MADE --
expressing interest in that ticket will be put into contact with the
ticket-holder.

You will do this by sending an e-mail to maegwen@theonering.net, with the
following information:

"Ticket Exchange" and the name of the THEATER should be in the subject line.
I will be looking for e-mail specifically with this subject line. Anything
else will be disregarded.

A screen name
Your real name

An e-mail address you can be reached at, or a phone number, if you are
comfortable with giving out that information.
DO NOT E-MAIL IN ADVANCE OF ANNOUNCEMENTS, PLEASE. THERE IS *NO* WAITING
LIST. By expressing interest, you agree NOT to resell this ticket for ANY
AMOUNT higher than what you yourself pay for it.

* * *

So, what happens then?

Once the interested party contacts me, I will e-mail the seller and pass on
the relevant contact information. I will at that time announce on the TORn
home page that the Exchange is concluded. The seller will then reach out to
the interested party and make the arrangements for the sale. How the sale
itself is conducted, or the manner of the ticket exchange, is outside of our
control.

These are all good faith agreements, and I am trusting in the honor of LOTR
fans. However, what happens once the seller and the purchaser are put in
contact is not the responsibility of myself or TheOneRing.net.

This is the most fair way I can think of to try to help fans get tickets to
each other. It is not perfect, of course, but I hope that at least in making
the attempt that we can make some LOTR fans a bit happier.

Good Luck!

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718