[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (3/11/2003)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:26:16 -0500

"RINGERS": A Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net
http://www.theonering.net/ringers/

TORN #197

Monday November 3rd, 2003

Here is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

TWO TTT:EE DVD Reviews!
That's right we've got TWO TTT:EE DVD reviews for you to whet your appetite
with while waiting for the Extended Edition DVD later this month. First Thea
gives us her view on the new edit, while Dr.Joe wastes no time and tells you
exactly what you'll be seeing! !!MAJOR SPOILERS!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067832232

ROTK 2004 Calendar Images
Cosmo sends along these images from the 2004 ROTK calendar! Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067829647

Trilogy Tuesday News: UK
There may be some good news for UK ring fans, the other day I was at the
odeon in Glasgow, UK and was enquiring about Trilogy Tuesday. The
information I got was that they are trying to work out something, apparently
the marketing dept. is needing to get a hold of the other two LOTR films
before they know if they could hold a back-to-back session of the trilogy.
So I was told to just keep checking for info. Hopefully this should be a bit
of good news for people.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067744626

NEW ROTK Trailer Description ALREADY!
Mr. Lost Apples: The quick (1 minute) theatrical trailer for ROTK is (not
surprisingly) mostly old footage cut in different ways, though there's some
new dialogue and a fair amount of fresh material and/or angles on some
stuff. !!!Spoilers!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067480137

Canadian Trilogy Tuesday List
SoyBoy writes: You don't know me but I work in the industry and I just got
the official press release for the LOTR Marathon across Canada. Tickets on
sale October 31 for Famous Players theaters only. Here are the cities and
theaters.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067479419

NEW ROTK Trailer For 'Matrix III' & 'Elf'
Nikki writes: There will be a new teaser ROTK teaser trailer on Warner
Brothers’ Matrix Revolutions and New Line’s Elf, both due in early November.
I don’t know if it will have new footage or not. But you never know!!
Running time is 1:01.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067458976

ROTK Soundtrack Press Release
Los Angeles, CA, October 28, 2003 -- The original soundtrack to The Lord of
the Rings: The Return Of The King, the final installment in Peter Jackson's
epic The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, will be released on Reprise/WMG
Soundtracks on November 25. The film opens nationwide on December 17 from
New Line Cinema.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067363453

ROTK Running Time Official?! 210 Mins?
Ranger writes: I was on the Greater Union Birch Carroll & Coyle (Australia's
biggest and oldest cinema chain) website and saw on their page for ROTK the
running time listed as 210mins (3 hours and 30 mins). I filled out their
online contact us form and asked them if this was the official running time
or not. I got this reply a few mins ago...
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067309286

The Two Towers Extended Cut Review!
Ringer Spy CJ wrote in what must be the first review we have from the
Extended Cut from The Two Towers that will appear on the Extended DVD
(available from November 18th)! Mind you, it does contain a lot of
spoilers!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1067286698

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien

Cold Spring Press is pleased to announce its new book "The People's Guide to
J.R.R. Tolkien." This book of essays fills the void between the release of
the second and third Lord of the Rings movies. Passionate, ardent,
well-informed, and unlike any other book on the subject, this is an
indispensable handbook for people who consider themselves experts -- or who
wish to become experts -- on the lore of Middle-earth and the man who made
the myths.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1046309473

A New Documentary produced in association with TheOneRing.net - 'Ringers"
see below

TheOneRing.net, in association with Planet BB, is turning the spotlight on
the fans of J.R.R. Tolkien in a new feature-length documentary titled
"Ringers: Lord of the Fans." Yes, this is a film about YOU, the FANS!
http://www.theonering.net/ringers/

Pre-Order TTT Extended Edition!

We all want the regular ole theatrical edition of The Two Towers. But the
prize this year is going to be The Two Towers extended edition DVD
Collector's boxed set, featuring the exclusive Gollum statue from
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles. And guess what folks!? It went on pre-sale today
at Amazon.com. I'm sure more retailers will be posting links shortly, but in
the meantime, we have posted an in-depth look at what the Extended Edition
will contain, both speculation and confirmed added scenes. Check out our
complete Extended Edition coverage!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1056124875

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
beard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'TBHL' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Green Books- Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just
pilgrims on the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of
all the ages of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie
beneath the wave. Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages,
find out what new editions of old favorites are coming to market, read
in-depth commentary on Tolkien’s thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted
original works or humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have
a little something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718