[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (19/08/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:00:30 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #140

Monday August 19th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Fan DVD Desktop!
A little while back I asked all of you to send me a picture of your mug with
your FOTR DVD. Below you can see the fuits of your labour! Behold
TheOneRing.net fan DVD Desktop theme!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029728627

Hobbit Interview Video!!
TORN Exclusive!! In part II of our interview with the FOTR stars in
Hollywood (Check out part I here) last spring we bring you Billy Boyd and
Dominic Monaghan! Billy and Dom (along with Sean Bean, Sean Astin and
Orlando Bloom) were interviewed by our very own Quickbeam at the Beverly
Hills Hotel in LA on Oscar Weekend. Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029707177

TTT Score News Plus!
AICN has a great little scoop from one of the many folks currently working
in London on the TTT score, take a look and learn how the film (may) open!
(language warning) !!Spoilers!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029502910

EXCLUSIVE: TTT Running Time! Battle Details!
Fans who are trying to avoid spoilers have some difficult questions to ask
themselves: Can I resist knowing the running time for The Two Towers and in
particular the battle at Helm's Deep? Can I resist knowing to what extent
the Ents appear The Two Towers and in what capacity? If you can, ignore this
story. For those of that are only human, get ready for some news that'll put
a smile on your face. !!!SPOILERS!!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029450972

Director of Photography drops hints on TTT running time?
Here's a great report from Matt who attended the presentation in Melbourne
by Andrew Lesnie, LOTR's Director of Photography. Lesnie dropped some hints
about the running time of TTT, but it contradicted a report we'd heard from
Weta's director Richard Taylor at ComiCon...Read on...
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029434298

'Lord of the Rings' in concert
Mighty forces were brought onstage for the stirring world premiere of Howard
Shore's concert version of his score for "The Lord of the Rings: The
Fellowship of the Ring." The Pacific Chorale supplied 96 grown-up voices and
the Paulist Choristers of California another 24 young ones, including
several boy sopranos.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029372951

TOPPS TTT Movie Cards
Topps proudly presents The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Movie Cards,
based on the second blockbuster movie in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029335862

New TTT Book Coolness!!
Check out these books from Houghton Mifflin! Two Towers coolness!!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029263205

TORN Exclusive! Green Books' Quickbeam cast as the voice of Samwise
The folks over at Universal Interactive were looking for an actor to provide
the voice of Sam Gamgee for their upcoming "Fellowship of the Ring" video
game. They picked out one of TORN's original Tolkien-maniacs to go into the
recording studio!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029214249

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

- Tuesday August 20th: John Noble (Denethor) birthday

Pre-Order The !EXTENTED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

We have new and updated -Green Books- for July. Quickbeam's Out on a Limb
article features a unique "Conversation with a Newbie". The very clever
Anwyn wonders if there is a right way or wrong way to read Tolkien in her
new Counterpoint article. Go Tookish! He has the ever-so-zany job of running
the greatest Tolkien humor section you’ve ever seen. Moon Letters brings you
new Fan Fiction, poetry, writing and more!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718