[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (26/08/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:51:21 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)
GREEN BOOKS Turns 3! (SEE BELOW)

TORN #141

Monday August 26th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Take A Look At The EXTENDED DVD Menus!
The folks at davisdvd.com have got their hands on some never-before-seen
menu screens from the special edition DVD!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1030123599

Anybody...Mr. Helper...
Ever wanted to help with TheOneRing.net? Well, here is your chance! With
TheOneRing.net growing daily, and some extremely cool upcoming sections, we
realized we just don't have the man (or woman) power to get certain tasks
done! If you are a real fan and interested in joining the team, check out
this link.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1030123083

EmpireMovies Has TTT Pics!
Check out some of the truly great pics from TTT over at EmpireMovies.com!
!!!Spoilers!!!
http://www.theonering.net/movie/scrapbook/source/EmpireMovies.com

GAMING:Gameboy Advance LOTR Cover!
Earlier today we brought you the Playstation 2 cover for The Two Towers, now
you can take a look at the GameBoy Advance game!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029887505

TTT To Debut In Paris
The city of lights has been chosen for the European premiere of LOTR this
winter. Take a look at a small article from The Courier Mail, Brisbane.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029863141

GAMING: Playstation 2 TTT Game Cover!
Ringer Spy Frodo's Girl 13 sends along the cover to the new TTT Game for
Playstation 2, check it out!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029860843

EXCLUSIVE: Astin WILL Direct Angel Episode!
As a follow up to yesterday's post, TORn staffer Arathorn got confirmation
direct from Tim Minear himself, who told us exclusively that Sean Astin is a
lock in this season's schedule to direct an episode of Angel.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029785786

SHOP: Balrog Available To Pre-Order
As of now, the Balrog statue from Sideshow/Weta Collectibles becomes
available to pre-order. The polystone, hand painted statue measured at 13.5"
tall is limited to only 1,000 pieces worldwide and will be the only replica
of the Balrog to be released, with the exception of the Games Workshop
Balrog. The statue is only available to purchase online and will not be
available in stores, which means that this statue is likely to sell-out
extremely fast.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1029778252

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon:

- Wednesday August 28th: Billy Boyd (Pippin) Birthday

Pre-Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

How time flies!! -Green Books- proudly marks its third year on
TheOneRing.net with a special Anniversary Edition. Go Out on a Limb and read
the full story of how I "Found a Hobbit’s Voice" -- providing the character
voice of Sam for the video game! Anwyn thinks that The Two Towers will be
TWICE the movie that Fellowship was. Turgon returns with a remarkably huge
"Roundup of Recent and Forthcoming Books by and about J.R.R.T." over on his
Bookshelf including titles through Fall 2002. Tookish has more delicious
Ticklers with top-10 lists, jokes, slap-happy FILKS and more. What madness
awaits you! Moon Letters offers many new and splendid Fan poetry and
creative writings. Questions & Answers has great new stuff! We truly love
bringing this magazine to you.... So on behalf of the entire Green Books
Staff, I say "THANK YOU" to the many readers around the world who have made
these three years such an outrageous success!
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718