[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (12/04/01)

Xoanon xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:34:35 -0400

TORN #78

Thursday April 12, 2001

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Viggo Mortensen and his Horse
Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) loved the horse he worked with on
LOTR so much that he bought it and shipped it back to the States
with him. Get the whole story over at Glaurung's Hoard.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/10/987086848]

Great Hi-Rez Pics
Ringer Spy C-Ris sends along some great high rez, high quality
images from LOTR. Nothing that we haven't seen before, but you
get a good chance to look for some nifty details. SPOILERS
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/987026053]

John Howe interview online!
This weekend I got the chance to ask John Howe some questions
regarding, well, everything actually on behalf of TORN-community
site LordoftheRings.nl. For your reading pleasure I have now put the
English version of the interview online so feel free to check it out!
[http://www.theonering.net/features/newsroom/files/041001_howe.html]

CANNES: NL Press Release
We've got the entire press release from New Line regarding Cannes. See
you in the south of France... 'The Lord of the Rings' Generates More Than
350 Million Hits On Website as New Line Prepares to Unveil Footage in
Cannes.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/986914284]

Access Hollywood talks LOTR
Was just watching Access Hollywood, and they had a quick report about LOTR.
I heard that LOTR will be premiering in over 10,000 screens. They made it
sound
pretty huge. [http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/986567448]

Cate Blanchett talks LOTR!
In a recent interview with one of the biggest Dutch newspapers Cate
Blanchett (Galadriel)
talks a bit about her part in Lord of the Rings...
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/986558993]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There
is the Fun Section, Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and
of course the gateway to our ever famous MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The super-cool new Green Books has updated for April.
Was J.R.R. Tolkien a racist? Go Out on a Limb as I discuss this
most serious charge brought against our beloved author: "The Shadow of
Racism"
Turgon's Bookshelf has a great overview of NEW Tolkien publications
for "Spring 2001 and Beyond"  Ostadan's new Lore & Letters illuminates
the world of invented languages: like Elvish, Esperanto, and Klingon!
There are eighteen colossal new Questions & Answers:
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings
Director's very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man,
the myth, the bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The
Bastards Have Landed' is the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out
our listing of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got
everything from Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth
image ever created, to our FX section, devoted to the magic of motion
picture special effects. As well as a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and
TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking
on over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

Palantir Premonitions (Things to come)

Check out the UNRELEASED special for Friday the 13th! This page
has not been made 'active' to the general public yet, it is a special treat
for our email fans!

The Creepy(ish) LOTR coincidences!!

How many other films have the LOTR cast been in together? How many
were baddies in James Bond films? Click to see!!
GOTO: http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/987100991

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina
Xoanon - Editor in Chief
http://theonering.net - 514.947.5221