[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 3/16/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:15:19 -0500

--------------59AC2C9A095EA533A49334D5

--------------1912438188026AE1BE8D0A46

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #34

Thursday March 16, 2000

Catch up on all the latest! Casting moves and all the
latest news! We were the first to bring you Celeborn
and the news on just exactly WHO will play Theoden,
Lets do this...

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Set Report: Rivendell! Well, it seems that we've got
a new set location to focus on for a little while. News
has reached me that the Kaitoke region near Upper
Hutt (Near 'Helms Deep') will be the set for Rivendell!
[More]

Deluca: 'Ethan's Out': Super Ringer Spy Pipesmoke
sends us the following from Mike Deluca via email,
when asked about Ethan Hawke's role as Faramir, he
received a quaint 'Ethan's Out' [More]

So exactly WHO is playing Theoden? A few months
back Aint-It-Cool-News reported that 3 mysterious
cast members have been cast but he did not know who.
We later learned that one of them was Kevin Conway.
We were told he was going to play Theoden, king of
Rohan. [More]

TheOneRing.net Exclusive! TheOneRing.net has learned
from very reliable sources that kiwi actor Marton Csokas
will play Galadriel's husband Celeborn in Lord of the Rings.
[More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week news about War of the ring... Delayed.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

The Hall of Fire, our weekly chat on a specific Tolkien topic,
is warmed and ready for Saturday, March 18. This weekend's
topic, straight from the Wizard himself:

What story in Middle-earth would you like to know more about?
Where do hobbits come from? What is the origin of pipeweed?
The nature of the elves? Where do dwarves go when they die?
What happened to the Silmarils? [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------1912438188026AE1BE8D0A46-- --------------59AC2C9A095EA533A49334D5 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------59AC2C9A095EA533A49334D5--