[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 3/9/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:41:37 -0500

--------------EBBC3F8784DE8E45AC70E2E1

--------------87F720DCA79BCA3B0780093F

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #33

Thursday March 9, 2000

What a week! Never mind a week, just the
news today is amazing! let's get into this!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

First look at the Hobbits! The latest issue of
Vanity Fair has your first look at the Hobbits
with an amazing pic of Elijah Wood (Frodo)
Sean Astin (Sam) Billy Boyd (Pippin) and
Dominic Monaghan (Merry) more with close
ups to come! (Spoilers) [More]

And the Winner is! From the good folks at
HM: Houghton Mifflin and New Line Cinema
Announce Winner of “Middle-Earth
Sweepstakes” [More]

LOTR Footage Review: Harry Knowles
gives us his take on the 2.2 minutes of footage
viewed at ShoWEST. (Spoilers) [More]

Time to Vote for your Favorite! We received
over 1000 questions from people all over the
world! Thanks to you all for such a great effort!
We did have to narrow the field down to 10.
Read on and vote for your favorite! [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week news about War of the ring... Delayed.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Attention Tolkien chat fans! A new topic has been chosen for
the next Hall of Fire. Bring your references and ideas to explore
the fate of the Orcs!

Are they immortal? Do they go to the Halls of Mandos when they
die, or the Void? Was Morgoth's corruption enough to alter their fate?

This topic's sure to raise a few eyebrows, so don't miss out! Your
feedback
is always welcome, so contact Gandalf or Tookish with Hall of Fire
comments
or suggestions. [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------87F720DCA79BCA3B0780093F-- --------------EBBC3F8784DE8E45AC70E2E1 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------EBBC3F8784DE8E45AC70E2E1--