[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 2/3/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:10:41 -0500

--------------BBA977BF36F15018A883488B

--------------2CB3E777153D32F5208D8FE1

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #32

Thursday March 2, 2000

Casting casting casting! We haven't had this
much casting news in a long while. Along
with some great insider info, as well as some
exciting news about what New Line has
planned! What a week it was! Let's do this..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Tongariro National Park Out? We've seen an
actor get fired, yet have we seen a location get
fired? [More]

Galadriel Strikes Again! Super Ringer Spy and
Professional Koga Ninja Assassin Galadriel
strikes again with her latest target, and getting
some amazing info as well! [More]

Weaving Is Elrond! Otto Is Eowyn! [More]

Filming at Miramar: TheOneRing.net Spy
Galadriel sends in her latest...and all you Welly
Ringers...get ready! [More]

Preview of LOTR Shown! New Zealand's
ambassador to the US, former Prime Minister
Jim Bolger, presided over a bash that included
the best of New Zealand food and drink, rousing
speeches from two of the country's best-known
mayors and a six-minute preview of The Lord
of the Rings. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week for Diablo II Preview.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Gandalf dropped this on my doorstep as he blurred past on Shadowfax late

last night. He was yelling something about going out for Old Toby and
Pepsi,
but it wasn't very clear. Looks like there's another fun Hall of Fire
coming
up! Check it out:

What moment in the history of Middle Earth do you think is the scariest?
The
struggle in Shelob's Lair? The trek through Moria? The abduction of
Pippin
and Merry at the hands of the Uruk-Hai? Or is there some other moment
that
you think is scarier? [More]

Want to ask PJ a Question?

The good folks at New Line Cinema have a great chance for
you to ask PJ any questions you want! Read on!

I would like to invite TheOneRing.net to be a member of an exclusive
ring for our Peter Jackson Q&A. I would like to ask you to
poll your visitors and to submit (2) questions for this first Q&A.

You have the opportunity to ask your visitors to submit their favorite
questions for the Q&A using polling to determine the most popular
questions.

Because I am extending this invitation to 10 major fan sites I
can only take (2) questions for this first chat. I will continue
this chat/interview series with Peter throughout production,
so there will be many more opportunities for your community to join in.

When Peter answers each question, he will acknowledge
TheOneRing.net and the person who asked the question.

We will supply you with the transcribed answers to the answers
submitted from your site. We will create an audio recording of
Peter Jackson's answers, and ask that you link to the page on the
official site where visitors can access the full Q&A through
streaming audio.

So send in your questions now! we will post the best ones and get
10 to poll and narrow it down to 2!

                      Special Offer to our Mailing List Ringers!

 As a special offer to all of you who are on this mailing list, if you
send in your questions with a side
 note saying you are from the mailing list, you could win your very own
'TheOneRing.net' T-Shirt! So
               send in as many as you like! You name goes into a draw to
win!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------2CB3E777153D32F5208D8FE1-- --------------BBA977BF36F15018A883488B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------BBA977BF36F15018A883488B--