[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 3/23/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:00:18 -0500

--------------DBD26D2F5E30D5954C61CA2F

--------------0079FA30115EC1BF393079D8

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #35

Thursday March 23, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

More casting calls. Anyone Kiwi TOR.netters out there
listen to Radio 1ZB? Finally somebody got round to
mentioning to me that they'd been advertising for extras
for LOTR on 1ZB. [More]

Mordor...We've heard that some of the film crews are
getting ready to go up to the Central Plateau, the barren
volcanic area in the middle of the North Island
comprising of Mt. Ruapehu, Mt. Ngaruhoe and Mt. Tongariro.
[More]

Official Site news: New 'Live on Set' RA Ringer Spy
Simeon sent in the great news! The Official Site has
updated their 'Live on Set' reports! this time 'round Clair
has an assistant dish out some Elvish phrases! One a
greeting and the other a spell. Sounds great! [More]

Helms Deep and Orthanc! Wanna see where they plan to
keep Ian McKellen captive? (spoilers) [More]

Galadriel Spy Report! Super Ringer Spy Galadriel takes
us on a tour of most of the sets that are now filming some
great LOTR action! Fighting at Helms, Elves in Rivendell
and Saruman amassing his Orcs! (spoilers) [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week news about War of the ring... Delayed.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Istari, Part 1: Gandalf and Saruman

What is there origin and nature? Who was really the greater
in power? Gandalf was said to be the greatest in wisdom of
all the maiar, but Saruman was the chosen as the head of their
Order. Who returned Gandalf to Middle-earth and dictated that
he would become the White, supplanting Saruman? Why was
Saruman 'allowed' to stray? What are some of the things Gandalf
and Saruman did before the era of the War of the Ring in various
parts of Middle-earth? What happened to Gandalf when he went
back to Valinor at the end of the Third Age? Did he keep his
wizard body or did he choose another? What happened to
Saruman's spirit? [More]

Hall of Fire Mailing List Released

We're please to announce The Hall of Fire mailing list! Members will
receive
news about things like what the next chat's topic will be and when logs
are
posted. Sign up here!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------0079FA30115EC1BF393079D8-- --------------DBD26D2F5E30D5954C61CA2F Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------DBD26D2F5E30D5954C61CA2F--