[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 07/14/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:53:00 -0400

--------------0B709811842186687A22043E

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #51

Thursday July 14, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

EXCLUSIVE: Conway NOT in LOTR: IS Kevin
Conway going to be in LOTR? The answer is a
simple NO, want to know why? [More]

LOTR Gear You'll Wet Your Pants For!! Our
content partners, and banner advertisers IGN have
scored themselves some great pics of some LOTR
gear direct from WETA HQ!!! [More]

163 Days until 13 Days: Harry Knowles over at
AICN has confirmed reports about a possible fall
or X-Mas LOTR Trailer in theatres. The toss up
was between the Adam Sandler 'Little Nicky' comedy
or the Kevin Costner 'Thirteen Days' Cuban missile
drama, it seems the later has won the argument. [More]

Fernside Lodge Shoot: Ringer Spy Andre and his better
half Nicky report on the scenes that took place at Fernside
Lodge. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

Green Books has lots of new features!  Quickbeam invites you
to share your daydreams of "The Furthest Reaches" of
Middle-earth.  There's great news on Turgon's "Bookshelf"
about the JRRT Biography!  Expand your knowledge with
11 new Questions & Answers.  As always, Moon Letters is
thriving with new poetry and fiction...  Summer reading
has never been better.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

New Hall of Fire Topic Keeping Chatters Up Nights

Ok well maybe not... but here it goes!

Elves, Men, Death and Tolkien

In Tolkien's world, the contrast between the fate of Elves and
the fate of Humans is dramatic. Together we will explore the
differences and ponder the implications behind them. How
can death be a gift given to Men by Ilúvatar? Many people in
Western society would consider death to be more of a curse
then a blessing, yet Tolkien repeatedly refers to death as a 'gift'.

What is the nature of the fate of these two races? What can we
learn from their differences? How do their deaths reflect their
lives? These and other questions will be explored at our next
Hall of Fire chat.