[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 20/07/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:02:32 -0400

--------------5DDE6BFABA001B46E412F638

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #52

Thursday July 20, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Spy report: Jason at Dark Horizons sees LOTR set
pics: There's no really new news here, but Jason did
get a rare opportunity for an overview of much that has
happened when he saw five volumes of photos from the
LOTR set. [More]

Web Watch: Stuff.co.nz: Army not telling about
involvement in film, A cloak of invisibility surrounds
New Zealand Defense Force's involvement in Lord of
the Rings filming in mid Canterbury next month. [More]

Filming News: Twizel area to see some Action: Our
latest Ringer Spy Mister Snitch (sounds promising
doesn't it?) sends news on what and where they'll be
filming when production starts up, still scheduled for
July 24th. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

Green Books has lots of new features!  Quickbeam invites you
to share your daydreams of "The Furthest Reaches" of
Middle-earth.  There's great news on Turgon's "Bookshelf"
about the JRRT Biography!  Expand your knowledge with
11 new Questions & Answers.  As always, Moon Letters is
thriving with new poetry and fiction...  Summer reading
has never been better.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

The Hall of Fire is readied again with a Tolkien character topic.
This time 'round we'll be taking a close look at another of the
Nine Walkers, Legolas.
Legolas Greenleaf: Elf of Mirkwood

A fast friend to dwarf, human, and hobbit, Legolas is a character
to warm the heart. Quick and deadly with knife or bow, this good
elf was also a keen lover of all things forest. What details are
known of this great elf? Do you have any favorite Legolas quotes,
scenes, or deeds from LotR? What is his fate at the end of
Middle-earth's history?