[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 17/02/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:21:55 -0500

--------------F0ADD2CC6ABD4380C3860AE8

--------------066365133714CF758F547154

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #30

Thursday February 17, 2000

This past week we've brought you the first images
of the Uruk Hai and some real action in Helms Deep,
currently the centre of all the action for the production.
We were also the first to bring you news of Uma Thurman
confirmed to NOT be in the production!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Spy Tells All! Super Ringer Spy Precious tells all
(almost) about his adventures at the Helms Deep set!
With Orcs and fighting and thorns? (Spoilers) [More]

Uma OUT: Word has it from a very reliable source
that Uma Thurman will NOT be cast as Eowyn. No
word on who will play the female warrior nor why
Uma turned down the role (or why the role was turned
down for her). TheOneRing.net placed a call into some
contacts but was given a 'no comment' regarding the matter.

Orcs Attack! This is amazing, this is the ultimate piece
of coolness available today. A set of great spy pics from
Precious showing the Orcs/Uruk Hai attacking a castle!
And who can that be climbing up the castle wall! (Spoilers)
[More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week for info on fighting multiple opponents in
'Hero's Journey'.

GreenBooks are stacked with new Q&A. **Careful
research takes time!**  We have fifteen new articles in
our Questions & Answers section. Come visit Green
Books and learn the best kept secrets in Middle-earth
with Turgon, Anwyn & Quickbeam.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Gandalf's at it again! Listen to this topic:

Who was the greatest hero in Middle Earth? Frodo or
Sam? Earendil or Glorfindel? Beren or Luthien? Someone
not listed here?

Who would you choose and why? Bring your opinions
and resources to back up your assertions with evidence
or nice juicey quotes. [More]

NEW OFFICIAL LOTR BROWSER!

Now you can surf the internet, with the wonderful colors
(and sounds apparently) from the LOTR Film!

With the shipment of 'The Astronaut's Wife' DVD, there
was a little surprise hidden in the DVD. If your computer
has a DVD ROM drive, you can simply click on 'Newline',
'Rings' 'LOTRsetup' and within very little time, it's yours!

It's got some great little goodies, with some Hotlinks to
TheOneRing.net and our counterparts.

With the opening of the official site soon, this browser
promises to come to life!

***Click here to download the browser***

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------066365133714CF758F547154-- --------------F0ADD2CC6ABD4380C3860AE8 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------F0ADD2CC6ABD4380C3860AE8--