[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 24/02/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:22:04 -0500

--------------485ADDC59B8A21EA2CFBA6D3

--------------2C01723642ADDC8B970B1DBB

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #31

Thursday February 24, 2000

What a week it was! First the official New Line Site
opens, and the floodgates of information and hidden
images comes crashing at our doors. Then we
announce our very special Q & A Session with the
man himself, Peter Jackson! And Casting info, and
more pictures...I'm very tired already! Let's do this...

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Conversation with a Rohan Warrior! Super Ringer
Spy Xtem gets his mits around a Rohan Warrior and
makes him confess! Read it all here! [MORE]

Music: Score News: On a recent installment of the
"FilmFreak" show on KLSX 97.1 in Los Angeles,
a representative from New Line indicated rumors
of composer Wojciech Kilar's
(Bram Stoker's Dracula) attachment to the forthcoming
Lord of the Rings feature films are not well founded.
[MORE]

Casting: Bernard Hill says he's in! AND WE KNOW
WHO HE WILL BE PLAYING (sorta): This week
we broke major news on who will possibly be
playing Denethor, we just aren't sure who he'll be
playing :) [MORE]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week for some news from the NWvault about
various subjects.

GreenBooks are stacked with new Q&A. **Careful
research takes time!**  We have fifteen new articles in
our Questions & Answers section. Come visit Green
Books and learn the best kept secrets in Middle-earth
with Turgon, Anwyn & Quickbeam. Look for an update
real soon!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

I awake from my stupor and realize I've been paid a visit by
Gandalf the Grey. After smacking me about a bit with a rather
large trout, he dropped this bit of parchment in my lap and
admonished me to make it public post haste. So here goes!
>From the Greyhame himself:

"What if characters from Middle Earth were living with us
now today?  [More]

NEW LINE CINEMA REVAMPS OFFICIAL SITE

The site is divided into 6 main sections, the first 'An Epic
Tale' allows you to sign up for a mailing list where you can
be informed on all the latest New Line Cinema news:

In 1997, The Lord of the Rings trilogy was voted Book of
the Century. Now the world is about to experience this
groundbreaking tale of good and evil brought to life.

This long-awaited screen presentation of J.R.R. Tolkien's
The Lord of the Rings trilogy will be shot exclusively in
New Zealand over a period of 18 months, with
post-production adding yet another year and a half. At three
years in the making, this will be the largest production ever
to be mounted in the Southern Hemisphere. [More]

Want to ask PJ a Question?

The good folks at New Line Cinema have a great chance for
you to ask PJ any questions you want! Read on!

I would like to invite TheOneRing.net to be a member of an exclusive
ring for our Peter Jackson Q&A. I would like to ask you to
poll your visitors and to submit (2) questions for this first Q&A.

You have the opportunity to ask your visitors to submit their favorite
questions for the Q&A using polling to determine the most popular
questions.

Because I am extending this invitation to 10 major fan sites I
can only take (2) questions for this first chat. I will continue
this chat/interview series with Peter throughout production,
so there will be many more opportunities for your community to join in.

When Peter answers each question, he will acknowledge
TheOneRing.net and the person who asked the question.

We will supply you with the transcribed answers to the answers
submitted from your site. We will create an audio recording of
Peter Jackson's answers, and ask that you link to the page on the
official site where visitors can access the full Q&A through
streaming audio.

So send in your questions now! we will post the best ones and get
10 to poll and narrow it down to 2!

               Special Offer to our Mailing List Ringers!

  As a special offer to all of you who are on this mailing list, if you
 send in your questions with a side note saying you are from the mailing
 list, you could win your very own 'TheOneRing.net' T-Shirt! So send in
         as many as you like! You name goes into a draw to win!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

[...]

From the Greyhame himself:

http://theonering.net --------------2C01723642ADDC8B970B1DBB-- --------------485ADDC59B8A21EA2CFBA6D3 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="Xoanon.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Xoanon Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Xoanon.vcf" begin:vcard n:;Xoanon tel;fax:514.695.7506 tel;work:514.947.5221 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:Xoanon@theonering.net x-mozilla-cpt:;-23136 fn:Xoanon end:vcard --------------485ADDC59B8A21EA2CFBA6D3--