[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 17/08/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:14:23 -0400

--------------614E044D094BA9E9F0B99AFA

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #55

Thursday August 17, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Web Watch: Salon.com: Frodo lives -- on the big
screen By Andrew O'Hehir Can the quest to turn
"The Lord of the Rings" into a movie trilogy satisfy
Tolkien's legions of dedicated fans and still produce
a blockbuster? [More]

LOTR Composer Confirmed! 'LORD OF THE
RINGS' COMPOSER CONFIRMED 2000-08-14
After much rumors and speculations on various
film music web sites, Howard Shore has now
confirmed that he has been hired to compose the
original music for Peter Jackson's much anticipated
Lord of the Rings [More]

New Line takes DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS!
According to AICN, New Line Cinema has picked up
Dungeons and Dragons for domestic release (North
America), no word yet on a possible release date.
This bodes well, however, for a possible LOTR
trailer to be released as well, stay tuned!

DVD trailer promise a scam? Disturbing news from
PRMeister. Remember that story that you could
subscribe to Total Movies magazine and you would
receive a free DVD including the LOTR preview? [More]

Decipher, Inc's Lord of the Rings cards: While it will not
truly surprise anyone who knows Decipher Inc's work, I
have received confirmation from a Decipher employee
that the recently announced Lord of Rings Card Games
will indeed use imagery from the films. [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

In Green Books the secret of SNERGS is revealed on Turgon's
Bookshelf-- where we learn the true inspiration for "The Hobbit"!
Quickbeam and Anwyn have new things brewing for August... and
there are nine new Questions & Answers that will spark much
debate.  And what exactly does the creator of "Harry Potter" have
to say about Tolkien?  Click over to Tributes to find out!  Shine on
Moon Letters for the best Fan-created poetry and fiction. Come
explore the WORDS and WORLD of Tolkien.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Tookish here with our next Tolkien talk topic! Our focus this
weekend comes courtesy of Joe, a regular HoF attendee.

Middle-earth's Baddest Bad Guy

Who is it for you? Exempting of course Morgoth and Sauron,
who is your favorite Tolkien villain? This topic will cover the
entire History of Middle-earth, from The Silmarillion down to
the Fourth Age. Bring your thoughts, your favorite dastardly
deeds and evil dialogue, and come share with us this weekend.

Thanks Joe! We'd love to hear from the rest of you too for future
Hall of Fire topics. Send 'em in here!

You can find this chat right here on our server. Come to our
main chatroom Barliman's and then type /join #thehalloffire to
participate.

Come share your thoughts with us!

Saturday Chat: 5:30 EDT [10:30 GMT]
Sunday Chat: 6:00 GMT [1:00 EDT]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------614E044D094BA9E9F0B99AFA--