[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 11/08/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.net
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:20:42 -0400

--------------74EA67503C5EE3F1509853E0

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #54

Friday August 11, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Casting! Bruce Hopkins as...? News comes from NZ
regarding Kiwi actor Bruce Hopkins. Apparently
Hopkins has been cast, however we have no idea as
who. Any ideas? [More]

Want to know WHAT they've filmed lately? Ringer
Spy Lonely Planeteer sends the news on what they've
been filming these past few days! [More]

LOTR Cast Members Out and About: Ringer Spy
David sends in these great exclusive pics from New
Zealand! [More]

Casting News: Young Smeagol!!! It looks like Joel
Tobeck will be playing Smeagol! Straight from his
Official International Fan Club:
LORD OF THE RINGS ROLE CONFIRMED! Joel is
playing Young Smeagol and will begin filming sometime
in September. Woohoo, congrats Joel! [More]

Scoop scoops again: NZ internet news agency Scoop,
which has often lead the way with first images on the
Net [More]

New Set News: Ringer Spy GC sends in a bit of news
regarding a new set in the Upper Hutt area. With a promise
of more to come! [More]

The Hutt Hobbit strikes gold at Wingate set: Lucky Hutt
Hobbit. Probably saw Sir Ian McKellen saying some of
the greatest lines of dialogue in the story [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for gaming news.

In Green Books the secret of SNERGS is revealed on Turgon's
Bookshelf-- where we learn the true inspiration for "The Hobbit"!
Quickbeam and Anwyn have new things brewing for August... and
there are nine new Questions & Answers that will spark much
debate.  And what exactly does the creator of "Harry Potter" have
to say about Tolkien?  Click over to Tributes to find out!  Shine on
Moon Letters for the best Fan-created poetry and fiction. Come
explore the WORDS and WORLD of Tolkien.

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Here comes the next installment of The Hall of Fire live chat.
Thanks to those of you who are regulars at our weekend discussions,
and if you haven't been yet, we'd love to have you jump in at any
time. For this Saturday, we're going to talk about Boromir

Boromir: Tragic Hero of Gondor

A proud, strong warrior and leader of men, Boromir the Brave is a
tragic figure in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. His need for power,
action, and deeds pushes him too far, yet we can admire much in
this great hero. How would you have fared under the influence of
the Ring? What would have been the outcome if Boromir had come
into possession of It, or if he had persuaded the Walkers to go to
Minas Tirith? Would Boromir have acknowledged Aragorn as King?
Finally, what lessons can we learn from Boromir?

Come share your thoughts with us!

Saturday Chat: 5:30 EDT [10:30 GMT]
Sunday Chat: 6:00 GMT [1:00 EDT]
Place: #thehalloffire on theonering.net server; come to our chatroom
Barliman's and then type /join #thehalloffire

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------74EA67503C5EE3F1509853E0--