[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 13/4/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:50:23 -0400

--------------BFA4F34C8D1727B9358FD49E

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #38

Thursday April 13, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Special Report: Barrie Osborne Interview: LOTR
Producer Barrie Osborne recently conducted an
interview with a NZ radio station.

BARRY OSBORNE: Hello Paul how are you.
HOLMES: Good where are you.
OSBORNE: Standing on top of Mt Ruapehu at the
moment. [More]

Half a Year into Middle-earth: April 11th marks 6
months to the day that principal photography began
on Peter Jackson's epic Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
In a record 14 to 18 months shoot, the kind of which
has never been seen before, Peter Jackson and his
team at Three Foot Six and WETA are embarking on
a mission of un-precedented scope and vision, using
technologies and talent not even seen in that Galaxy
Far Far Away... [More]

Records Broken: The New Line Cinema Exclusive
Internet Preview shattered records on Friday,
becoming the single most downloaded promotional
trailer in its first 24 hours of release! [More]

McKellen chat, some LOTR answers: Our very own
Ian McKellen (Gandalf) participated in a Yahoo!
Chat not just 5 minutes ago, starting at 8:30 EST.
While that chat was mainly about X-Men, there were
a few LOTR Q and A's that managed to get snuck in.
[More]

The Mirror of Galadriel: Galadriel tells all! Check
out her latest report regarding what's going on in
Helms Deep, as well as Stone Street Studios, and
just WHAT are they filming at Tongariro National
Park! You'll NEVER believe it! (Spoilers) [More]

Paul Sutera: 'I'm Lotho!' Ringer Spy Jared sends the
word that Paul Sutera has been calling his friends
and family with news that he's been cast as Lotho
Sackville-Baggins! More to come as I get it. [More]

WOW!  Well, if you haven't seen the Exclusive Internet
Preview yet, you better get over to
http://www.lordoftherings.net and check it out. Absolutely
amazing! For those of you who have seen it, or for those
not technically able to see it, check out our frame by
frame analysis of the preview. Many Ringer staff
members stayed up all night to bring you this great
information! [Preview Frame by Frame] MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out daily for news.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

Another great topic has been conjured up by my favorite
wizard Gandalf. Last week's Hall of Fire meeting was
great, with at least twenty folks getting deep on the
issue of racism in Middle-earth. This one's a bit more
on the lighter side, so read those books and scratch that
memory!

What is your favorite moment in each of the Three Ages
in the history of Arda (Middle-earth and the rest of
the world)? For the First Age, maybe the War of Wrath?
In The Second Age, how about forging of the Rings of
Power? And the end of The Third Age, the destruction
of the Ring?

The place: The Hall of Fire; connect to Barliman's and
type /join #thehalloffire
Your hosts: Gandalf, Nazfyratu, and Tookish
The time: Saturday, April 15, 5:30 EST (-5 hours GMT)
[More]

Heading to Imaginecon?

TheOneRing.net is going to the beach!

In just over a week, TheOneRing.net will be making an
exclusive presentation at ImagineCon

( psst...We are showing stuff you have never seen before!).

Imagine Con is a Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror,
Comic and Toy fair convention, April 20 - 23 2000
at the Virginia Beach Pavilion Virginia Beach Va.

We will also be giving a small seminar on creating your
own fantasy based web community for all those aspiring
webmasters out there.

So if you can, come visit us at the Beach and see the
faces behind the site!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------BFA4F34C8D1727B9358FD49E--