[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter 3/6/00

Xoanon Xoanon@theonering.theonering.net
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:27:49 -0400

--------------0B5BF7DA68690846351A9B26

http://theonering.net  Newsletter

V1 #37

Thursday April 6, 2000

Here it is the weekly newsletter! Enjoy..

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Footage to be released April 7th!!! Just got this from
New Line: New Line Cinema presents J.R.R. Tolkien's
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. A first look at the
HEROES, A first look at the CREATURES, A first look
at the TALE that inspired millions, Exclusively on
http://www.lordoftherings.net. Hey folks, this is NOT an
april fools! Finally the footage has returned to the fans!

New Line's Studio Store: New Line Cinema has a very
cool idea for Peter Jackson AND LOTR fans! [More]

McKellen.com Update: Gandalf's Shadow: Ian McKellen's
official website has made a small update. This comes from
Ringer Ferrante: "Hi. Just wanted to let you know...Sir Ian
Mckellen updated the e-posts on his website. At the bottom
of the latest eposts page there is a "tease" photo of Mckellen
as gandalf." [More]

Look into the Mirror of Galadriel: Our Koga Ninja Spy
Assassin (put that on a business card) Galadriel is back
with news on costumes for Elves, filming at The Caves of
Orthanc and some blue screen SFX shooting! [More]

Peter Jackson Speaks! Super Ringer Spy Eriol discovered
the "Live on Set" segment of the official site has been updated!
This edition has Peter Jackson talking about his first reading
of LOTR and more! Check it out http://www.lordoftherings.net,
or connect right to the real audio here. Cannot get that
RealAudio clip? here is what is said... [More]

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on
the latest RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it
out this week news about WON.net will be providing a
massively multiplayer online game.

Green Books Deluge!  A huge update for March has
taken place at the GB: including an intense new
Counterpoint by Anwyn, sixteen new Q&A articles,
and a splendid continuance of Shaun Spain's "On The
Tolkien Trail" with lots of photos.  Don't forget to take
"The Tolkien Geek Test" over in Moon Letters!

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) is always a fun
place to snoop around and learn more of the man behind the
movie. We care currently re working our members packages!
Sign-up to receive great gifts! Are you a bastard yet?

Palantir Premonitions (What's to come)

Hall of Fire Chat

We've got an exciting Hall of Fire topic ready for you to sink
your teeth and fingers into next weekend. Check it out:

Racism in Middle-earth

The question is simple but the issue is complex. Is racism a
theme in the works of Middle-earth? Tolkien often uses
language describing 'black' versus 'white', or 'dark' versus
'light'. Does this imply racism?

Furthermore, do you think this will play a factor in the films?
To what extent will Peter Jackson change the story to address
this issue?

Bring your quotes and opinions to the Hall of Fire on Saturday,
April 8, at 5:30 EST [GMT -5 hours], for what should be a
lively debate! [More]

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any
suggestions as to chat guests, content items, or just want to
say hi? Drop us a line at theonering@theonering.net, do you
want to speak with a specific person? just type in their handle
(i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in
those letters! I love to hear from you!

Xoanon & TheOneRing.net Team
http://theonering.net

http://theonering.net --------------0B5BF7DA68690846351A9B26--