[Barlibash] Barlibash 2007: Atlanta or Jersey Shore?

maegwen maegwen at theonering.net
Sun Aug 13 09:14:52 EDT 2006

Yes, and opinions are good. :)

How I see it, though, is that we're not planning Bash at NYC, so NYC becomes
more of a side trip to do one particular thing, whatever that thing might
be, *if people want.* It's not much different from saying let's take a
one-hour trip to Atlantic City.

Long side trips often happens at any Bash. In Seattle some of us drove to
Gamgee's house, in Toronto we went to Niagara Falls. In Chicago there was a
jaunt to Marquette University, and SF to Muir Woods. Each of these took,
roughly, 1 to 2 hours each way.

The point being, is that if people *choose* to do it, then they don't mind
the time spent.

Personally, I'll be poolside sipping a cold drink. But for people who've
never had the chance to NYC, or might never have it again, a one-hour train
ride to have seven hours in the greatest city on earth might seem very cool.
:)