[Barlibash] Discount tickets/comedy show

Catherine Frizat cfrizat@charter.net
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:09:42 -0700

Since I've never been to Boston, let me ask a few questions:

do we need the MBTA pass? I was just planning on walking around the
different places I want to go to - but is that a bad idea? are we talking
large distances between 2 places?

Basically I'm going to the museum, I will do the Duck Tours, and possibly
the Walking Tours or Freedom Trail tours - haven't had a chance to look at
"things to do in Boston" yet on the net so I'm not sure yet - and of course
I will join the crowd for any dinners etc we may have. Other than that I'll
just walk around town and discover things as I go. So, question again, would
the MBTA pass be useful to me?

(and btw Julie yes there are 2 Nancy's!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adams, Julie" <Julie.Adams@joslin.harvard.edu>
To: <barlibash@theonering.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: [Barlibash] Discount tickets/comedy show

> A couple of people have asked how they can pay me for tickets.  You have
three options:

> You may pay me in person at Bash.
> You may trade me tickets for food and/or beer.
> You may paypal to julie.adams@joslin.harvard.edu
>
> Tentative list of comedy show goers:
>
> Myself (Kallisti)
> Bill (Corvar)
> RM&Andi (my roommates)
> Jincey (Jincey)
> Johnny (SamGamgee7)
> Greg (Balin)
> Catharine (Catharine)
> Nancy (Nenarëa)
> Nancy (Sirelle)  Do we really have two Nancy's, or am I confused?
> Charlie (charliems)
> Phil (Daisy)
> Polly (Beruthiel)
>
> I'm going to call the commedy connection tomorrow to make reservations and
possibly get some additional info (do they usually sell out, do they sell at
the door, can they reserve a block of seating for us, etc).

> I don't have anybody thus far who definitely wants discounted tickets for
the aquarium, the peabody-essex museum (salem), or walking tours.  Prices
again on those:

> Aquarium $8 (normally $16)
> Peabody-Essex $9 (normally $12)
> Walking Tours $7 (normally $10)
>
> If you want them, tell me now, so I can go harass human resources.
>
> MBTA 1-week passes  $16.50 (they are good from this Sunday until next
Saturday only, so even though you will have to manage something else for
Sunday (8/8) and Monday (8/9) , it's cheaper than spending $35 on a 7-day
visitor pass):