View the Winners Now! [Click Here]
The Great Fan Art Contest 2002
Over the years, TheOneRing.net has received countless amounts of fan art from all over the world. Last year we ran our first Fan Art Contest to say thank you to all the fans that pour their love and passion for Tolkien into a creative medium. Well, in our second annual Fan Art Contest, we are giving away some amazing prizes to further encourage Tolkien artists of all ages to let their creative juices flow. The prizes we have accumulated reflect this goal.
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles, our official sponsor, has graciously donated three of their most popular figures as first place prizes. For our second place winners, Houghton Mifflin also has generously donated 3 copies of The Art of the Fellowship of the Ring. The third place winners will receive 8 exclusive TheOneRing.net bookmarks, made using some of our great fan art of the past. These bookmarks were only passed out at Comic-Con 2002. Thanks to the generosity of Lawrence Makoare (Lurtz), third place winners will also receive a TheOneRing.net promo card signed by himself.
So let the competition begin! Follow the rules below and you will have a great contest!
How to Enter:
To enter the contest follow these steps:
- Create a piece of your own unique fan art based on one of J.R.R. Tolkien's many works.
- Save it in one of the following image formats ONLY: .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG, .TIF, .PDD, .PSD (entries not in this format will not qualify for the contest)
- Send the entry as an attachment to
Include your age, full name and shipping address. We are sorry, but the first place prizes cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box. So please use a street address.
All individuals submitting entries agree to be added to the Sideshow newsletter to receive further information on LOTR products
Winners Announced: 09/25/02 - NOON PST
1) No art already posted in TheOneRing.net fan art gallery will be accepted.
2) Only one entry per person.
3) All entries must be received by the aforementioned due date.
4) All entries must include your name and age.
5) All entries include mailing address with submissions.
6) No members of TheOneRing.net's staff may enter. (Sorry guys!)