[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Sun Sep 25 11:49:44 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Meet your new host! New Filming Locations, Benedict
Cumberbatch, TORn Party in NYC

On today’s episode, we introduce you to our awesome new host Simone
Boyce! Also on today’s show, Benedict Cumberbatch opens up about
Smaug, we’ve got info on some new ‘Hobbit’ filming locations and
details on TORn’s exclusive party in NYC for the New York Comic Con!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ooJtr0u5ng

Watch Previous Episodes
http://www.youtube.com/hobbitin5

PEZ The Lord of the Rings Gift Set is here!
For those of you waiting as long as we have been, the time is finally
here! You can now order the PEZ The Lord of the Rings gift set online
at PEZ’s official website. Each set is labeled with a gold sticker
featuring its exclusive number in the production series. The Lord of
the Rings collector’s set includes eight dispensers, each depicting
key characters from the trilogy, and two six packs of candy.  The
characters include Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas,
Gimli, and Gollum.  Those characters who are Hobbits are featured on
mini dispensers.  An additional, exclusive set featuring the Eye of
Sauron was also developed. (Details on that one to come!) Both sets
will retail for approximately $24.99.
http://tinyurl.com/3g3c9az

‘Ringers Take Manhattan!’ TheOneRing.net Party in New York!
Did you watch TORn travel across the country to DragonCon?   Did you
wish they were coming to New York City?  Well, now they are!
TheOneRing.net will be giving a presentation this year at New York
Comic Con, and to celebrate, we’re throwing a party in the Big Apple –
‘Ringers Take Manhattan’! This event, held in a private room in
Manhattan, will be an exclusive chance for Tolkien fans to hang out
with like minded people and to celebrate all things Middle-earth!
Ticket price will include appetizers, one free drink of your choice,
an exclusive TORn shirt (available during NY Comic-Con only), other
goodies, a chance to win some very high end prizes (think Jewelry,
Statues, etc), and guaranteed good times!
http://tinyurl.com/4xvddoz

Power of 3 Trailer for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios
release a new video and still assets for the upcoming video game The
Lord of the Rings: War in the North, launching November 1. To save
Middle-earth… you must survive. The stealth and cunning of the human,
the strong and true arrows of the Elf, the might and strength of the
warrior dwarf – each must rely on the other during this vital mission
or face a most certain defeat.
http://tinyurl.com/3b6o4sr

Three Foot Seven Ltd lodges request to film at Wakatipu, Queenstown
Filming part of The Hobbit on location in Queenstown gives the
opportunity for “significant exposure” for the Wakatipu on the main
world tourism markets, Destination Queenstown says. DQ chief executive
Tony Everitt was asked to comment yesterday after proposals lodged by
Three Foot Seven Ltd to film sequences in at least three Wakatipu
locations.
http://tinyurl.com/3vg7mln

Evangeline Lilly talks Hobbit with SFX
Thanks to Ringer Kookie for pointing us to a great interview with
Evangeline Lilly (Tauriel in The Hobbit) from SFX. In the interview,
Lilly talks about her time commitments, learning elvish, archery,
swordplay, and just how long she’s been a Tolkien fan.
http://tinyurl.com/43yqtqe

Calling All Cosplayers in SoCal! Wanna be on TV?
Calling all costumed LOTR fans who want to share their hard work,
dedication and love of LOTR on TV. We need you! In conjunction with
the LOTR Concert Tour next month, promoters are looking for some cool
costumes to showcase on local TV stations. If you are interested and
have a really cool LOTR costume you’d like to showcase, and live in
the following areas San Diego, Phoenix, Sacramento & Fresno. Drop me a
line at xoanon at theonering.net. See you on the small screen!
http://tinyurl.com/6jguwnt

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet