[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Mar 25 12:24:42 CDT 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TheOneRing.net nominated for ‘Best Franchise Film Site’
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/03/16/the-sfx-blog-awards/6/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Production Begins, TheOneRing Hall of Fire, and Frodo Baggins
On this episode of Hobbit in 5, Production finally begins on the
Hobbit, TheOneRing.net launches both it’s Hall of Fire Chats and it’s
Special Events Calendar, plus the official blog of the Hobbit goes up!
We know the name of the show is “Hobbit in 5″ but we let the length of
this one slide since it’s our tenth! Thanks for watching and
supporting us!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCHV0YaUe0

Watch Previous Episodes

Ep9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMuBJrpm88
Ep8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icWc9YE3f9g
Ep7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvjImnvo7s
Ep6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1GBU2p3og
Ep5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nePV2Gk8wTc
Ep4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w0C9RyLhA
Ep3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gIT2gvXjk
Ep2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMj2jkYSa-w
Ep1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9_PBpkPvM

Extended Council Cut:LOTR: War in the North – Brutal Combat Trailer
Check out the ‘Council Cut’ edition of the recently released Brutal
Combat Trailer, giving players additional content with an in-depth
look at the chain combat system in The Lord of the Rings: War in the
North, the new action RPG video game from Warner Bros. Interactive
Entertainment and Snowblind Studios.
http://tinyurl.com/4d9cy8d

Introducing the TheOneRing.net Events Calendar
On any given day, there could be many Tolkien related events taking
place somewhere on this great big planet of ours. Sometimes we get to
post about those events on our homepage, sometimes we don’t. To make
things a bit easier for Ringers worldwide to keep track of upcoming
(and past) events, we are announcing TheOneRing.net Event Calendar!
http://tinyurl.com/4w323qm

TheOneRing.net Official Gear – Spring 2011
With the start of production on The Hobbit, and all the buzz about The
Lord of the Rings Blu-ray Set, can there be a better time to share
your love for all things Tolkien? We think not! So let us help you do
so by offering you the 2011 Spring Collection of T-shirts from
TheOneRing.net.
http://tinyurl.com/4poo6y8

LOTR Blu Ray Street Date: June 28
Burbank, Calif, March 21, 2011 – Following last year’s successful
Blu-ray premiere of the original theatrical versions of The Lord of
the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy, Warner Home Video will release all
three of Peter Jackson’s visual masterpieces in their extended
editions on June 28 as a stunning 15-disc Blu-ray collection, The Lord
of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy: Extended Edition (Blu-ray).
http://tinyurl.com/4t9en58

PRODUCTION BEGINS IN NEW ZEALAND ON THE HOBBIT, PETER JACKSON’S TWO
FILM EPIC ADAPTATION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN’S TIMELESS CLASSIC
In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit… Wellington, NZ, March
21, 2011—Production has commenced in Wellington, New Zealand, on “The
Hobbit,” filmmaker Peter Jackson’s two film adaptation of J.R.R.
Tolkien’s widely read masterpiece. “The Hobbit” is set in Middle-earth
60 years before Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings,” which Jackson and
his filmmaking team brought to the big screen in the blockbuster
trilogy that culminated with the Oscar-winning “The Lord of the Rings:
The Return of the King.”
http://tinyurl.com/4h7zh9k

Peter Jackson on Facebook
Peter Jackson has just launched a new Facebook profile, and will be
posting comments and updates on the production of The Hobbit there.
For starters, he’s included two new photos from the set, the official
Start of Production announcement, and a photo gallery from some of his
past productions.
http://tinyurl.com/4seedob

Lights, camera, action for Hobbits
The shire is built, the Hobbits have arrived, and production of one of
the biggest films ever to be made in New Zealand is set to begin
tomorrow. After a torrid few weeks at the end of last year when a spat
between director Sir Peter Jackson and the New Zealand actors’ union
threatened to drive the film overseas, filming will now start on The
Hobbit – the two-part prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The
stoush last year resulted in Prime Minister John Key announcing that
the government would make concessions to filmmakers Warner Bros,
including a change to labour laws clarifying the status of film
workers as contractors.
http://tinyurl.com/4d4ns4g

Connect with us!
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet