[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Feb 11 11:32:01 CST 2011

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

Looking to advertise in this space? Click here!
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/

TORN TV: Lord of the Rings News for the Visual Age

Hobbit in 5 – Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins and Start Date Set!
In this episode we offer full details on our creative writing contest
with Sideshow Collectibles and announce the official start date for
the Hobbit. More Character studies including a complete outline for
Bilbo Baggins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w0C9RyLhA

Watch Previous Episodes

Ep3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gIT2gvXjk
Ep2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMj2jkYSa-w
Ep1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9_PBpkPvM

‘The Music of LOTR’ by Doug Adams Book Review
Author JW Braun is back with another book review for TORN TV. This
month he reviews ‘The Music of The Lord of the Rings Films’ by Doug
Adams. Take a look and don’t forget to subscribe to TORN TV for
updates when a new video is posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brVkrlBrDhk

Hobbit Press Conference Coverage:

Thirteen singing dwarves and a very funny Hobbit - Tehanu
“Fourteen individuals – and an ensemble.” Today’s press conference
opened with an apology from Peter Jackson, who said he couldn’t be
there as he was “under a form of medical house arrest” since being
hospitalised with a perforated ulcer last week. “And to be honest,
perhaps it’s just as well. These guys make me laugh so hard that I’d
be in danger of popping a stitch or something,” Jackson continued in
his statement. Confirming the truth of that, the cast of 13 dwarves
and one hobbit kept up a constant flow of quips and wisecracks
throughout the whole press conference. We knew Martin Freeman was
funny with a good script – well, he’s hilarious without one as well.
Many fans have been wondering whether 13 dwarves would become a
generic mass in the film, or whether they would be fleshed out in the
script to have individual personalities.
http://tinyurl.com/47xubjh

TV3 Coverage - http://tinyurl.com/4d8my9v
TV3 Footage - http://tinyurl.com/4vwg9gc
Audio Supplied by wetanz.com - http://tinyurl.com/4b4jm2q

WB Games Presents: The Council of the North
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind Studios are
pleased to invite fans to join The Council of the North, an exclusive
community for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North accessed by
registering at the game’s official website: www.WarintheNorth.com.
Once registered, members are part of The Council of the North, gaining
access to exclusive content and joining the ultimate destination for,
and celebration of, The Lord of the Rings gaming fans. Council members
enjoy unparalleled special access to video game information and
insight from the development team. Exclusive elements include
developer Q&A’s, unique screenshots and concept art, exclusive or
extended cuts of videos, special events, contests and more. Key
community members will be highlighted in the Council’s Hall of
Ringbearers. Anywhere The Council of the North logo appears, you can
be sure elite content lies within.
http://tinyurl.com/4n94cjh

Press Release: HOBBITON MOVIE LOCATION TO BECOME JOINT VENTURE WITH SHIRE TOURS
9 February, 2011, Wellington – Sir Peter Jackson’s Wingnut Films
Productions Limited and Rings Scenic Tours Limited are pleased to
announce that they have entered into a joint venture arrangement to
allow movie fans to visit the newly reconstructed film set which is
located near Matamata. The new venture will be known as Shire Tours.
The companies have been working towards this agreement for some time,
and the joint venture came into effect on January 24th, 2011. The set,
originally designed by the Art Department of THE LORD OF THE RINGS
films, has recently been rebuilt at the original location on the
Alexander Farm on Buckland Road, Matamata. It will be used again for
the filming of the two films based on THE HOBBIT late in 2011, during
which time the location will be closed to the public.
http://tinyurl.com/4eac9at

Press Release: START OF SHOOT DATE ANNOUNCED FOR ‘THE HOBBIT’ MOVIES
Monday 7 February, Wellington – Production company, 3Foot7 Ltd, is
pleased to announce that the first day of principal photography for
THE HOBBIT will be Monday 21 March, 2011. This date has been chosen
following practical considerations of the filming schedule
requirements, actor availability and the NZ seasons. Shooting will
take place at Stone Street Studios in Miramar and on location around
New Zealand. Confirmed cast include: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen,
Richard Armitage, Ken Stott, Graham McTavish, William Kircher, James
Nesbitt, Stephen Hunter, Rob Kazinsky, Aidan Turner, Peter Hambleton,
John Callen, Jed Brophy, Mark Hadlow, Adam Brown, Cate Blanchett, Andy
Serkis, Mikael Persbrant, Sylvester McCoy and Elijah Wood. Director,
Sir Peter Jackson, comments: “Despite some delays we are fully back on
track and very excited to get started.”
http://tinyurl.com/6e67d6k

Reminder: LOTRO Video Gameplay Contest
TheOneRing.net and Turbine Inc. want your best gameplay videos! Do you
kick orc butt? Can you take out an entire goblin village
single-handed? We want to see it! Simply record your best Lord of the
Rings Online action and send it to us! The top selected videos will
then be put online for YOU to vote on! So get on your game! Load up
LOTRO to hack and slash your way to winning 6000 Turbine Points!
http://tinyurl.com/4o8vrcm

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet> - YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/The1neRing>