[Lotr_announce] This Week on TheOneRing.net - Brought to you by Taverncraft

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Fri Nov 26 15:26:36 CST 2010

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!

*Free Set of The Hobbit Etched Glasses with Hobbit Stein
Purchase!*<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&href=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fpage_id%3d4662%26manufacturer%3dTaverncraft>
It’s Black Friday and Taverncraft is celebrating all weekend long with a
special offer for The Hobbit fans!  Purchase any Smaug the Magnificent Stein
and get 1 set of The Hobbit Prancing Pony Deep-Etched Pint Glasses
*free!*It's the perfect way to build your collection, or obtain a
great gift for a
fellow Hobbit fan! But remember – this offer is only good through this
weekend!  Visit for details. The Black Friday Special ends Sunday, November
28 at midnight (PST). Applicable shipping/handling applies to all orders.
Not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion.

   - *The Prancing Pony Pint Glass
Set<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=901159&cid=17>
   *
   - *The Green Dragon Premium Etched Glass
Stein<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=901162&cid=17>
   *
   - *The Prancing Pony Premium Etched Glass
Stein<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=901161&cid=17>
   *
   - *The Green Dragon Premium Etched Pint Glass
Set<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=901160&cid=17>
   *
   - *Smaug the Magnificent Epic Collection Stein - The
Hobbit<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=900980&cid=17>
   *

<http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=3&sku=900980&cid=17>*British
Actor Shane Briant Auditioned For Role of “Mayor”*
Here’s a juicy bit of news regarding an interesting role PJ and Co. are
supposedly casting for The Hobbit. British actor Shane Briant spoke at the
Bram Stoker Horror Film Festival Whitby Hammer Convention and Exhibition on
Sunday October 17th, 2010, and his revelation of his audition for the
highly-anticipated Hobbit films drew a very audible “Ooooh!” of surprise
from a rather rapt audience.
http://tinyurl.com/25mxu9v

*New Hobbiton Set Report*
mrdither writes: I also recently had the pleasure of partaking in a Hobbiton
Tour. My tour was taken the day after the big news – that the Hobbit would
remain in NZ – and one could sense the excitement throughout the tour. I
noticed TORN had already posted a spy report. However, the experience of
being in Hobbiton was so invigorating that I felt inspired to post my
thoughts.
http://tinyurl.com/2858g3p

*TORn unveils new Hobbit Movie Section*
The staff here at TheOneRing.net is dedicated to bringing you, our readers,
the most up-to-date, thorough coverage of the Hobbit movies available on the
internet. To that end, we’re excited to unveil a brand new section of the
site, accessible by clicking the “The Hobbit” icon at the top right of the
Home Page. In this “one stop shop” you’ll find detailed biographies of all
the cast members as they’re announced, bios of the corresponding characters
in the book, and a Hobbit FAQ that will be updated regularly as the
production moves along. It also features some stunning character pictures
from our guest artists who so far include Charles Burggraf, Colleen Doran,
Donnato Giancola and Ted Nasmith. We invite you to send along any ideas you
have for future updates and, as always, to join us on our Hobbit Movie
discussion board and/or in Barliman’s chatroom.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/the-hobbit/

*Majority back Hobbit movie deal, but don’t want a repeat*
A majority of New Zealanders support the deal the Government did with Warner
Bros to keep Hobbit film production in New Zealand. However, a majority
don’t want a similar deal done again.
http://tinyurl.com/29ypa7d

*Latest Hobbiton Construction News*
TORN Spy T writes: I was just at Matamata today. All hobbit-hole
construction is completed, now the “greenery” is just being finalised. The
bridge/Green Dragon is ostensibly finished with just a few external touches
to be completed. I took heaps of pictures, but I had to sign a
confidentiality agreement saying I wouldn’t post them on the internet. I
wish you could see Bag End. It looks almost 100% perfect.
http://tinyurl.com/2a9egmq

*EXCLUSIVE: Getting to know John Callen aka Óin*
There are many new names associated with the upcoming Hobbit films. With
some we are familiar, and some we are not . Actor John Callen was one of
those confirmed cast member for whom we just didn’t have a lot of
information, except for the fact that he was cast as Óin, son of Gróin, and
brother to Glóin. We have an exclusive treat for you all today as John has
been kind enough to share some pictures, a brief biography and the story of
how he came to be cast in The Hobbit! Make sure to click the ‘continue
reading’ button to read the full story.
http://tinyurl.com/24fho4r

*Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>-