No subject

Wed Dec 29 19:04:22 CST 2010

has managed to secure the return of the majority of the major stars from Th=
Lord of the Rings franchise for his soon to be shooting prequel, based on
J.R.R. Tolkien=92s The Hobbit. Sir. Christopher Lee had been in talks to
reprise his role as the wizard Saruman and it now looks certain, providing
that he is in good health, that he will be appearing in the movie.
http://tinyurl.com/4b7vwbx

*It=92s Really Official Now: Wood & Serkis Press Release*
ELIJAH WOOD AND ANDY SERKIS TO JOIN THE CAST OF PETER JACKSON=92S =93THE HO=
BBIT=94
Los Angeles, CA=97January 10, 2011=97Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis are set to=
 join
the cast of Peter Jackson=92s highly anticipated adaptation of J.R.R.
Tolkien=92s epic =93The Hobbit.=94 The films, which are scheduled to commen=
ce
principal photography in February 2011, mark Jackson=92s return to
Middle-earth following his Oscar-winning =93Lord of the Rings=94 trilogy. T=
he
announcement was made jointly today by Toby Emmerich, President and Chief
Operating Officer, New Line Cinema, Alan Horn, President and Chief Operatin=
Officer, Warner Bros. and Steve Cooper, co-Chief Executive Officer of
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
http://tinyurl.com/6yfk9zr

*Sir Ian McKellen to reprise his role as Gandalf in =93The Hobbit=94*
More fantastic news for Hobbit fans! The Hollywood Reporter is reporting
that Sir Ian McKellen will reprise his role as Gandalf the Grey in the
upcoming Hobbit movies: Ian McKellen has signed on to return as wizard
Gandalf in The Hobbit, the two-pic adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel
being directed by Peter Jackson. The dealmaking on Hobbit for a slew of
Jackson veterans from his Lord of the Rings trilogy has been coming fast an=
furious and comes on the heels of  Andy Serkis finally inking his deal to
reprise Gollum. Update: Sir Ian=92s comments =96 =93For a year or more, I h=
ave
been arranging my professional commitments around the possibility of The
Hobbit films starting at almost anytime.=94 Read more at www.mckellen.com.
http://tinyurl.com/4u9mb3h

*Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/theoneringnet>-
YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/The1neRing>
*

Sincerely,

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief - TheOneRing.net

www.facebook.com/michael.regina
www.twitter.com/mikereginatorn
www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=3D&key=3D13212777

--20cf303a2f25e225060499d46557

Hullo!! Take a look at the latest updates from TheOneRing.net and beyond!<b=
r><br>Looking to advertise in this space? Click here! <a href=3D"http://www=
.theonering.net/torwp/advertising/">http://www.theonering.net/torwp/adverti=
sing/</a><br>
icially to =93The Hobbit=94? In a surprisingly candid post on his website, =
Ian McKellen opened up on Wednesday (January 12) about behind-the-scenes de=
velopments and his own ambivalence surrounding the two-part project. =93Cou=
ld I let Gandalf go? Would anyone else care if I did?=94 he wrote, going on=
 to cite the example of the =93Harry Potter=94 franchise. =93Elsewhere, doe=
s anyone care that Michael Gambon was not the first to play Dumbledore?=94<=
br>
l be a small and tall casting session in Christchurch, New Zealand. Thanks =
to the local ringers who sent this info in!<br>
nt scouts will visit Dunedin to fill a tall order for a long list of short =
people to work on his next big movie. Production company Wingnut Films is l=
ooking for short and tall people to play scale doubles for the speaking cas=
t of The Hobbit.<br>
=92s Official Site: Slowly but surely, Peter Jackson has managed to secure =
the return of the majority of the major stars from The Lord of the Rings fr=
anchise for his soon to be shooting prequel, based on J.R.R. Tolkien=92s Th=
e Hobbit. Sir. Christopher Lee had been in talks to reprise his role as the=
 wizard Saruman and it now looks certain, providing that he is in good heal=
th, that he will be appearing in the movie.<br>
JAH WOOD AND ANDY SERKIS TO JOIN THE CAST OF PETER JACKSON=92S =93THE HOBBI=
T=94 Los Angeles, CA=97January 10, 2011=97Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis are s=
et to join the cast of Peter Jackson=92s highly anticipated adaptation of J=
.R.R. Tolkien=92s epic =93The Hobbit.=94 The films, which are scheduled to =
commence principal photography in February 2011, mark Jackson=92s return to=
 Middle-earth following his Oscar-winning =93Lord of the Rings=94 trilogy. =
The announcement was made jointly today by Toby Emmerich, President and Chi=
ef Operating Officer, New Line Cinema, Alan Horn, President and Chief Opera=
ting Officer, Warner Bros. and Steve Cooper, co-Chief Executive Officer of =
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.<br>
r><b>Sir Ian McKellen to reprise his role as Gandalf in =93The Hobbit=94</b=
ng that Sir Ian McKellen will reprise his role as Gandalf the Grey in the u=
pcoming Hobbit movies: Ian McKellen has signed on to return as wizard Ganda=
lf in The Hobbit, the two-pic adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel being =
directed by Peter Jackson. The dealmaking on Hobbit for a slew of Jackson v=
eterans from his Lord of the Rings trilogy has been coming fast and furious=
 and comes on the heels of=A0 Andy Serkis finally inking his deal to repris=
e Gollum. Update: Sir Ian=92s comments =96 =93For a year or more, I have be=
en arranging my professional commitments around the possibility of The Hobb=
it films starting at almost anytime.=94 Read more at <a href=3D"http://www.=
mckellen.com">www.mckellen.com</a>.<br>
www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet">Facebook</a> - <a href=3D"http://twitter.co=
m/theoneringnet">Twitter</a> - <a href=3D"http://www.youtube.com/user/The1n=