[Lotr_announce] LOTR:EE Marathon this weekend on TheOneRing.net

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Wed Sep 30 21:30:18 EDT 2009

LOTR:EE Marathon this weekend on TheOneRing.net

Join us this Saturday for the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Movie
Marathon in TORn's IRC chat room beginning 10 a.m. EASTERN (New York).

We will be watching all three movies, taking breaks every few chapters to
allow people using NTSC and PAL formats to sync-up and also for
bathroom/food breaks. In between movies there is a half-hour break.

Anyone is welcome! You can come and go any time you like, as often as you
like. In previous years the marathon has lasted about 14 hours.

For those of you who haven't taken part before, it is GREAT fun. We gather
in the IRC channel with our DVDs ready to go and begin watching when the
moderator announces START! There's a lot of fun conversation, with people
discussing their faves and peeves as the movie continues. Plus general
chit-chat with the TORn community.

If you've never chatted before, do not be afraid! TORn's chat room is a lot
of fun and easy to get the hang of. Our guidelines ensure that the chat is
safe and suitable for all ages. See below for more information on how to
join and take part in the fun.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2009/09/29/33693-lotree-marathon/#more-33693

All the best,

Michael Regina