[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net - Voice of Gollum Finalists!

Michael Regina xoanon at theonering.net
Tue Sep 15 19:33:47 EDT 2009

http://tinyurl.com/mk4r6x

Trying to make Comic-Con a bit more Tolkien-centric, and to have a little
extra fun and the world's biggest celebration of pop-culture, we
(TheOneRing.net) brought in the crowds at Comic Con in San Diego for a fun
competition. With no space at the convention to call our own, we went to
Weta for an assist and they provided a perfect setting to hold a "Voice of
Gollum," contest.

A collection of fun-loving convention attendees and some awesome Gollum
impersonators stepped in front of the Slaveboy Films' cameras and impressed
TORn, Weta and everybody stopping to look on. We asked Weta to choose the
best entries, and the guys at Slaveboy Films have put together a fantastic
video of the Top Ten.

Weta has also agreed to donate 20 Weta Dollars (worth US$20 dollars) to each
of the Top Ten entries. Now it's your turn. Weta are going to assist TORn
with the voting. Out of these 10 masterful impersonators, only one can be
said to possess the true voice of Gollum and therefore be allowed to take
home a swag-bag of extra goodies; a TORn T-shirt, a Weta T-shirt, 30 more
Weta Dollars, a Weta keyring and a Lord of the Rings Location Guide book.
Who is it going to be? Vote Today!

http://tinyurl.com/mk4r6x

All the best,

Michael Regina