[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (01/27/03)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:52:34 -0500

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!
http://www.theonering.net/oscarparty/

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #160

Monday January 27th, 2003

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

TTT US Boxoffice Total as of January 26th: $309,110,000USD

SOLD OUT!
Just a small, insignificant update as far as the 'Two Towers - One Party'
goes...we are SOLD OUT! Those of you who have tickets, can now rejoice,
those of you without them...do not fear quite yet. We are reviewing all of
the orders and should know if we are completely maxed out in a few days. If
more tickets are available, we will make an announcement on the frontpage.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043540554

AOL Moviegoer Noms Announced!
Larry W writes: AOL is taking nominations for the annual AOL Moviegoer
Awards. Categories include: Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best
Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Hottest Kiss, Most
Unforgetable Scene, Best Line, and Best Song. They have a predetermined list
of potential nominees, but write-in nominations are also allowed. The Two
Towers seems to have candidates in most categories, but Gollum's Song is NOT
on the nomination list!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043431519

TTT 'Golden Eddie' Nomination!
>From The Hollywood Reporter: American Cinema Editors president Tina Hirsch
on Wednesday announced a broad range of film, television and documentary
projects that made the list of nominees for best editing in the 2003 ACE
Eddie Awards. 20th Century Fox's "Minority Report," New Line's "About
Schmidt" and "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and Miramax's "Gangs of
New York" and "The Hours" made the cut for best edited dramatic feature
film.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043344385

Emerald Rose Selected to perform at Post - Oscar "Lord of the Rings" Party
North Georgia band featured by Tolkien fans at Hollywood Gala Event. Celtic
folk-rockers Emerald Rose will be featured performers at the upcoming
post-Oscar event to be held in honor of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two
Towers" director, cast and crew. Tolkien fans from the internet web site
www.TheOneRing.net will be hosting "Two Towers: One Party", in honor of the
success of the latest movie in the popular series.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043258412

New TTT (or ROTK) Picture Online
Bonnie sends in this picture from the February issue of Roadshow Magazine
from Japan, it shows Orlando Bloom (Legolas), Bruce Hopkins (Gamling),
Bernard Hill (Theoden), Karl Urban (Eomer) and Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) on
horseback. Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043257184

Ngila Nabs A Costumers Guild Nomination!
Pippin's Scarf writes: Ngila Dickson has been nominated for her costume work
for TTT.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043256716

PJ Gets DGA Nomination!
>From IMDB: Oscar hopes continued to shine bright for Golden Globe winners
Chicago and The Hours as the directors for both those films – Rob Marshall
and Stephen Daldry, respectively – were nominated today for this year's
Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in
a Feature Film; it was the first DGA nomination for both directors. Previous
DGA nominees Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers), Roman
Polanski (The Pianist) and Martin Scorsese (Gangs of New York) – none of
whom have ever won.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043183228

TTT tops US$300mil
The list at boxofficemojo.com estimates that TTT topped US$300M at the
domestic box office on Monday. [More] TTT has gotten in 6 weeks to the point
that took FOTR 15 weeks to reach. Next milestone... passing FOTR's total box
office take at $313M. Thanks to Ian for that.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1043145428

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

- TheOneRing.net sat down with Billy Boyd while he was in the big apple, see
what the young Scotsman has to say!
- Xoanon recently chatted with Ian McKellen while on the set of 'X2', hear
what he tells us about his latest project!
- Tuesday January 28th, Elijah Wood (Frodos) Birthday

Two Towers - One Party

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last.
http://www.theonering.net/oscarparty/

FOTR: Special Edition DVD Review!!!

Xoanon recently returned from the marathon screening of FOTR:SE at New
Line`s intimate screening room in West Hollywood, California. The screening
was attended by a few website folks and DVD aficionados. Keith Stern from
McKellen.com was in attendance as well, Gordon Paddison and Wendy Rutherford
also attended
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1034494568

Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Not to be confused with the Red Book of Westmarch, we are just pilgrims on
the Tolkien trail, exploring the history, people, and events of all the ages
of Middle-earth, the Blessed Realm, and the lands that lie beneath the wave.
Whether you need to know more about the Elvish languages, find out what new
editions of old favorites are coming to market, read in-depth commentary on
Tolkien’s thematic elements, or peruse fan-submitted original works or
humor, Ostadan, Turgon, Quickbeam, Anwyn, and Tookish have a little
something for everyone. In addition, Green Books is home to the
overwhelmingly popular Questions & Answers. If you have a Tolkien question,
conundrum, wonderment, or puzzler, the Green Books staff will rise to your
challenge.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718