[Lotr_announce] Emerald Rose Selected to perform at Post - Oscar "Lord of the Rings" Party

Michael Regina mregina@clearpointdirect.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:03:56 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C216.B8E77200

North Georgia band featured by Tolkien fans at Hollywood Gala Event

Celtic folk-rockers Emerald Rose will be featured performers at the upcoming
post-Oscar event to be held in honor of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two
Towers" director, cast and crew. Tolkien fans from the internet web site
www.TheOneRing.net will be hosting "Two Towers: One Party", in honor of the
success of the latest movie in the popular series. The event will be held
March 23rd at the prestigious Hollywood Athletic Club, and will feature live
broadcasts of the Oscars during the awards ceremony, followed by live
entertainment through the evening.

Emerald Rose is a high energy Celtic folk rock band that blends harmony
vocals, pennywhistle, world percussion and driving guitars and bass. Their
music ranges from traditional jigs and reels to original folk rock and pop
songs. The band often draws from Celtic myth and legend to create their
unique sound.

Emerald Rose is well known to Celtic music fans in the Southeast, and the
band has been forging a following in the New York and Boston areas during
the past two years. Band member Brian (Logan) Sullivan says, "We had a
chance to share table space with TheOneRing.net at Dragon*Con 2001 in
Atlanta, just before the first movie hit, and we've been Tolkien fans for
years, so that was exciting for us. Last year we played their 'Evening at
Bree' costume party, where elves, hobbits and rangers ended up dancing a
spontaneous Macarena to one of our songs! It was great to be the house band
at the Inn of the Prancing Pony! We're looking forward to a fun-filled show
out in Hollywood, and we're delighted to be able to present some of our
music to such a talented group of folks!"

"We read Tolkien aloud at home for our family time, so this opportunity is
very special to us. Sharing LOTR with our kids has been a peak experience.
We have all been very impressed by the movies - they have been a constant
topic of conversation and (sometimes heated) debate among the band". All
four members have are long-time fans of the Tolkien series and have been
avid fantasy gamers for years. They are passionate fans of Magic: The
Gathering, and play fervently when on tour.

Science fiction and fantasy cons are some of their favorite gigs. The band
has been musical guests at I*Con in New York, DragonCon and Fantasm in
Atlanta, and they will be the Filk Guests of Honor at Galacticon 2003 in
Chattanooga.

Emerald Rose has been touring throughout the Eastern US for the past two
years. Their cd "Bending Tradition" won them international critical acclaim
and radio airplay across the US and in Canada, Europe and Australia. Their
subsequent release, "Fire in the Head - Emerald Rose Live" has garnered even
greater enthusiasm from fans and the press, propelling the band into full
time touring and recording. Early 2003 will see the group releasing their
traditionally influenced cd, "Celtic Crescent". The band has received over
380,000 downloads at internet music site http://www.mp3.com, and charted #1
songs in several musical genres.

Emerald Rose is currently touring in the Southeast US. They have a website
at http://www.emeraldrose.com, and a free song download page at
http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose.

CD's are available from their website, or can be ordered from Amazon.com and
CDbaby.com.

Contact: Brian Sullivan 706 864-0882
Website: http://www.emeraldrose.com
Music Downloads at http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose

TheOneRing.net: http://www.theonering.net

Oscar Party Information: http://www.theonering.net/oscarparty/

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C216.B8E77200

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P align=3Dleft><FONT face=3Darial color=3Dblack size=3D2>North Georgia =
band featured by=20
Tolkien fans at Hollywood Gala Event </P>
<P>Celtic folk-rockers Emerald Rose will be featured performers at the =
upcoming=20
post-Oscar event to be held in honor of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two =
Towers"=20
director, cast and crew. Tolkien fans from the internet web site <A=20
href=3D"http://www.theonering.net/" =
target=3D_blank>www.TheOneRing.net</A> will be=20
hosting "Two Towers: One Party", in honor of the success of the latest =
movie in=20
the popular series. The event will be held March 23rd at the prestigious =

Hollywood Athletic Club, and will feature live broadcasts of the Oscars =
during=20
the awards ceremony, followed by live entertainment through the evening. =

<P>Emerald Rose is a high energy Celtic folk rock band that blends =
harmony=20
vocals, pennywhistle, world percussion and driving guitars and bass. =
Their music=20
ranges from traditional jigs and reels to original folk rock and pop =
songs. The=20
band often draws from Celtic myth and legend to create their unique =
sound.=20
<P>Emerald Rose is well known to Celtic music fans in the Southeast, and =
the=20
band has been forging a following in the New York and Boston areas =
during the=20
past two years. Band member Brian (Logan) Sullivan says, "We had a =
chance to=20
share table space with TheOneRing.net at Dragon*Con 2001 in Atlanta, =
just before=20
the first movie hit, and we've been Tolkien fans for years, so that was =
exciting=20
for us. Last year we played their 'Evening at Bree' costume party, where =
elves,=20
hobbits and rangers ended up dancing a spontaneous Macarena to one of =
our songs!=20
It was great to be the house band at the Inn of the Prancing Pony! We're =
looking=20
forward to a fun-filled show out in Hollywood, and we're delighted to be =
able to=20
present some of our music to such a talented group of folks!"=20
<P>"We read Tolkien aloud at home for our family time, so this =
opportunity is=20
very special to us. Sharing LOTR with our kids has been a peak =
experience. We=20
have all been very impressed by the movies - they have been a constant =
topic of=20
conversation and (sometimes heated) debate among the band". All four =
members=20
have are long-time fans of the Tolkien series and have been avid fantasy =
gamers=20
for years. They are passionate fans of Magic: The Gathering, and play =
fervently=20
when on tour.=20
<P>Science fiction and fantasy cons are some of their favorite gigs. The =
band=20
has been musical guests at I*Con in New York, DragonCon and Fantasm in =
Atlanta,=20
and they will be the Filk Guests of Honor at Galacticon 2003 in =
Chattanooga.=20
<P>Emerald Rose has been touring throughout the Eastern US for the past =
two=20
years. Their cd "Bending Tradition" won them international critical =
acclaim and=20
radio airplay across the US and in Canada, Europe and Australia. Their=20
subsequent release, "Fire in the Head - Emerald Rose Live" has garnered =
even=20
greater enthusiasm from fans and the press, propelling the band into =
full time=20
touring and recording. Early 2003 will see the group releasing their=20
traditionally influenced cd, "Celtic Crescent". The band has received =
over=20
380,000 downloads at internet music site <A href=3D"http://www.mp3.com/" =

target=3D_blank>http://www.mp3.com</A>, and charted #1 songs in several =
musical=20
genres.=20
<P>Emerald Rose is currently touring in the Southeast US. They have a =
website at=20
<A href=3D"http://www.emeraldrose.com/"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.emeraldrose.com</A>, and a free song download =
page at=20
<A href=3D"http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose</A>.=20
<P>CD's are available from their website, or can be ordered from =
Amazon.com and=20
CDbaby.com.=20
<P>Contact: Brian Sullivan 706 864-0882 <BR>Website: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.emeraldrose.com/"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.emeraldrose.com</A><BR>Music Downloads at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.mp3.com/emeraldrose</A> </P><FONT=20
size=3D2></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3Dblack>
<P><SPAN class=3D332330018-22012003><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>TheOneRing.net: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.theonering.net">http://www.theonering.net</A></FONT></=
SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN class=3D332330018-22012003><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oscar =
Party=20
Information: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.theonering.net/oscarparty/">http://www.theonering.net/=
oscarparty/</A></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>----------------------------------------------------------<BR>Mi=
chael=20
Regina (Xoanon)&nbsp;&nbsp; Editor in Chief/Segment=20
Producer<BR>xoanon@theonering.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.theonering.net/" target=3D_blank><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://www.TheOneRing.net</FONT></A><BR><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>PH:=20
514.947.5221<BR>ICQ: 32063161<BR>AOL:=20
p;=20
</FONT></P></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C216.B8E77200--