[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (25/11/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:48:45 -0500

!!!!ONE PARTY TO RULE THEM ALL 2003!!!!!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #154

Monday November 25th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Ring*Con News!
RingCon 2002 - Opening Night!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038014502

RingCon Report - Day 1 Report 1
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038099134

RingCon Report - Day 1 Report 2
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038187908

Armageddon Expo News!
Armageddon Expo - Day 1 http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038078178

Armageddon Expo - Day 2 http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1038166345

NEW LINE CINEMA'S THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS LIGHTS UP SCREENS
AROUND THE WORLD
World premieres set for New York, Paris, London, Los Angeles, Copenhagen,
Seattle, Toronto, Wellington and Sydney in December.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037742621

New Cast Bios
Thanks to the new Cast list, we've got quite a few new names to add to our
cast list! I've been able to get bio's/pics/links and more on a few...but we
need help with the others! Drop us a line if you have any information on the
newest members to the TORN cast list!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037684086

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: 'RETURN TO MIDDLE EARTH' SPECIAL
The WB is thrilled to present an exclusive behind-the-scenes preview special
for the year's most anticipated feature film - "The Lord of the Rings: The
Two Towers." The first chapter in the "Rings" trilogy grossed over $900
million worldwide and became a pop culture phenomenon.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037720117

COMPLETE Cast.Crew Credits For TTT!
Originally brought to us by the guys at herr-der-ringe-film, I've taken it
out of it's stuffy PDF format and into plain old text format. Take a look at
all the folks involved in this mammoth project, these are the folks that
REALLY ought to be in the spotlight, not just the actors. The folks who have
spent years working on every little detail of the film to make it just
perfect! Take a look!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037683681

TheOneRing.net Teams up with LiningUp.net!
The folks who brought you the highly successful Star Wars Episode II movie
line, LiningUp.net, and your very own TheOneRing.net are teaming up to
create The Two Towers 5-Day Line! The festivities will take place at the
historic Vista Theater in Hollywood California starting on Friday, December
13th and running until Wednesday, 12:01AM December 18th 2002. Details will
be posted shortly, but get involved today, join the Line Party for The Vista
theater! If you are not in Hollywood, but you want to participate in line
party goodness, get involved locally through our Line Party section!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037642140

JRD Is Recovering Well After Operation
Earendil The Mariner writes: John Rhys Davies, after a multi-hour operation,
performed on Friday night by dr Ivan Kirin, has been placed at the Trauma
ward of the Rijeka General Hospital and, according to dr Stipe Bezevan, is
feeling well.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1037638924

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

Coming Soon

- TheOneRing.net sat down with Billy Boyd while he was in the big apple, see
what the young Scotsman has to say!
- Xoanon recently chatted with Ian McKellen while on the set of 'X2', hear
what he tells us about his latest project!
- Monday, November 25th: Bruce Hopkins (Gamling the Old) Birthday!

!!!!One Party to Rule Them All 2003!!!!

We recently made a very special announcement exclusively at DragonCon 2002.
TheOneRing.net will once again be hosting the 'One Party to Rule Them All'
on March 23rd (Oscar Night) in Hollywood, CA. The party will prove to be two
times more fun and exciting then the last. Stay tuned for further details!

FOTR: Special Edition DVD Review!!!

Xoanon recently returned from the marathon screening of FOTR:SE at New
Line`s intimate screening room in West Hollywood, California. The screening
was attended by a few website folks and DVD aficionados. Keith Stern from
McKellen.com was in attendance as well, Gordon Paddison and Wendy Rutherford
also attended
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1034494568

Order The !EXTENDED! FOTR DVD TODAY!

The time has arrived! You can purchase the 208 minute version of Fellowship
of the Ring! Choose from either the standard 4 disc set, or the super cool
Collector's Edition Gift Set, which features figures from Sideshow/Weta and
an expanded National Geographic DVD.
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/6/1023420947

ps - All of these links will allow for a percentage of your purchase to be
contributed to TheOneRing.net. So thanks ahead of time!

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books brings you a spooky bag of treats (or tricks!) for the end of
October! Quickbeam goes Out on a Limb and practically down on his knees
begging Peter Jackson not to make him wait any longer for The Two Towers!
Anwyn’s Counterpoint reviews a new book, Tolkien’s Sanctifying Myth, and
interviews its author, Dr. Brad Birzer. Turgon shows us two new gems on his
Bookshelf, including Bilbo’s Last Song and the 2003 Ted Nasmith Tolkien
Calendar. Turgon also brings us a Special Guest item featuring a Q&A with
noted Tolkien scholar Verlyn Flieger, author of Splintered Light: Logos and
Language in Tolkien’s World.  Moon Letters offers many new and splendid
items of fan poetry and creative writing.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of over 20 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from
Rolozo Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718