[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (04/03/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:01:17 -0500

!!!Exclusive: Sideshow Weta Ringwraith And Steed!!! See Below for details!
!!!Join TheOneRing.net's Exclusive LOTR OSCAR PARTY IN LA!!!! See Below for
details!

ADVERTISE WITH THEONERING.NET

[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html] SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS

TORN #118

Monday March 4th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Amazing Behind The Scenes Images!
Ringer Spy PD sends us these truly amazing behind the scenes images from the
Helms Deep (Not Minas Tirith as earlier reported) set, and some miniature
studio work as well, take a look! These pics were shot at July 2000.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014859879]

TV Watch: PJ On 'Charlie Rose', Full Transcript With Pics!
Peter Jackson was on 'Charlie Rose' last Friday (Feb 22nd). The interview
was a full hour with no commercial breaks, and featured some very candid
moments including PJ's story on how this film ALMOST did not get made. The
show was an extremely enjoyable watch. Take a look at the pics, and the full
transcript right here!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014742649]

Just WHO on earth is Sarah McLeod?
I recently sat down with Kiwi native Sarah McLeod (Rosie Cotton) and chatted
LOTR, fake wigs with real hair, and just WHO is that other Sarah McLeod
anyway?
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014740522]

Be sure to read out other interviews, including Lawrence Makoare (Lurtz),
Richard Taylor, Ted Nasmith, Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), Sean Bean (Boromir),
Brad Dourif (Wormtongue), John Howe, Harry Sinclair (Isildur), Karl Urban
(Eomer)!
[http://www.theonering.net/features/newsroom/]

Live In NZ? Wanna Meet Richard Taylor?
Will sends us the very cool news of an even headed by WETA's Richard Taylor,
it's in Christchurch and open to the public!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014740088]

Variety: Brits praise 'The Lord' with five BAFTA wins
LONDON -- One ring ruled them all at the British Academy Film Awards on
Sunday night, with "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
winning five prizes, including best film.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014657082]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

One Party to Rule them All

TheOneRing.net is proud to announce "One Party to Rule them All!" What are
you doing the night of Sunday March 24th? Oh, that's right, The Oscars!
Well, if you are anywhere near LA, consider coming to TheOneRing.net's Oscar
Party! It is shaping up to be one of the hottest places to be in Los Angeles
on Hollywood's biggest night. With thousands of dollars in
prizes/raffles/giveaways and sponsors like Sideshow/Weta Collectibles, this
party is going to be one to remember. If you are interested in learning more
about the party and want updates on location, guests and more, sign up for
the official TheOneRing.net LA Oscar Party Newsletter.

ps - If you are interested in helping sponsor this event, please email
asfaloth@theonering.net for details.

!Exclusive: Sideshow Weta Ringwraith And Steed!

TheOneRing.net exclusive: After the release immaculately detailed Balrog and
Cave Troll statues in the last two weeks, Sideshow Weta have now unveiled
the Limited Edition Ringwraith and Steed statues. Orders are already being
taken in advance as Sideshow prepare to ship this very special statue in
Fall of this year.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1014159684]

COMING SOON:

- March 6th Liv Tyler (Arwen) will appear on 'Live with Regis & Kelly' (may
be a re-peat)

- March 7th Elijah Wood (Frodo) will appear on 'Live with Regis & Kelly'
(may be a re-peat)

- March 8th Howard Shore (Composer) film 'Panic Room' is released

- March 9th Ian McKellen (Gandalf) will appear at The Virgin Mega Store in
Los Angeles.

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Yes indeed! -The Green Books- Staff is back after our winter hiatus. We have
a huge update for March so check it out. Anwyn’s Counterpoint has an
interview with Tolkien-inspired mandolin genius Chris Thile, whose band
Nickel Creek is fast becoming the last word on the acoustic music scene.
Introducing a brand new Q&A feature -- the MOST Frequently Asked Questions.
This quick reference tool will help answer the 13 major queries all Tolkien
fans want to know. Tookish brings us a zillion laughs, comics, and parodies
in his Ticklers section. Who needs Ebert & Roeper? We’ve got our own Dueling
Reviews of Fellowship of the Ring from a doctor (who hated it) and a young
film student (who enjoyed it) over in our Special Guest section.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718