[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (18/01/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:17:02 -0500

TORN #112

Friday January 18th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

TTT Trailer: Feb 1st?
Etched Chaos writes: A friend of mine whom works at a local cinema has told
me that the Two Towers trailer attached to LOTR:FOTR will be released as the
cinema on Feb 1st
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1011283337]

Barrie Osborne Talks 'Director's Cut' DVD
Wilson writes: I was just listening to 1010 Winds radio in New York City and
there was a 2-minute news bit entitled "Good News for LOTR Fans."
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1011052395]

Lawrence Makoare Interview
I recently sat down with NZ native Lawrence Makoare (Lurtz) for a great
interview, find out what the actor had to say about filming LOTR and much
more!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1011015908]

Elijah Wood: Best Actor Of All Time
Hillary writes: Elijah Wood (Frodo) was at Harvard University today at the
invitation of the Harvard Lampoon! The Lampoon awarded Elijah their "Best
Actor of All Time" award.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010959333]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

January 18 - Orlando Bloom (Legolas) film 'Black Hawk Down' is released in
North America

January 20 - TV Watch: The Golden Globes

January 22 - TV Watch: Enya will appear on 'Larry King Live' on CNN

TheOneRing.net Mystery Contest Revealed!

Well, the Mystery Contest has ended. What was the mystery? Check out the
contest page for details. In the meantime, the winners will be announced on
Friday.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/contests/122101_mystery.html]

Sideshow/WETA Contest Continues
Only 3 days left to enter the Sideshow/Weta Holiday contest!
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/contests/122401_holidaycontest.html]

Keep FOTR on Top Contest
The goal: Keep Fellowship of the Ring at the top of the box office. How can
we do it? Go see Fellowship of the Ring this week. Save your ticket stub.
Win great prizes! It is that easy.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1011251598]

TV Watch:

The following is a list of the recent appearances of the LOTR cast on TV:

- Cate Blanchett (Galadriel) on 'Rosie O'Donnell'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1010952450]

- Ian McKellen (Gandalf) on 'Larry King Weekend'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1010988216]

- Ian McKellen (Gandalf) on 'The Daily Show'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1011293460]

- Ian McKellen (Gandalf) on 'The Late Late Show'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1011300170]

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

Hall of Fire Chats for January 12th & 13th

We all knew as soon as production started for Fellowship of the Ring that
Peter Jackson would take some liberties with certain characters to help
Tolkien's story become more like a cinematic piece; the expansion of Arwen's
role, the removal of Tom Bombadil, the reduction of Glorfindel's role, and
so on. This weekend, the Hall of Fire staff are discussing one such
character who experienced some extra character development:

The expansion of Saruman the White

[http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books closes the cover on 2001 with a special edition: a complete set
of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie reviews. And
finally two new Special Guests bring us splendid insights: Kevin Black’s
"Spiritual Lessons in LOTR" and Jody Bower’s "Archetypal Hero’s Journey."
January will have new Q & A and a huge update to the fan fiction of Moon
Letters! On behalf of all our hard-working Staff I say thank you all for
your good faith and readership. We will continue to explore the WORDS and
WORLDS of J.R.R. Tolkien if you but grace us with your mouse. May the New
Year find you content, well-fed, and safe.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718