[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (11/01/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:56:35 -0500

TORN #111

Friday January 11th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

LOTR Gets PGA Nom
The PGA (Producer Guild of America) have released their nominations for best
motion picture of the year. LOTR is nominated!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010687176]

TTT: Great Stills From The NY Post!
MicktheQuick sends us this great article and amazing picture from The NY
Post! It's a great still from The Two Towers!! Look closely and you can see
Miranda Otto (Eowyn), Bernard Hill (Theoden), Karl Urban (Eomer), Orlando
Bloom (Legolas) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli)!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010677909]

Pierre Vinet Exhibit!
Attention Santa Monica LOTR fans! Track 16 Gallery is hosting 'Pierre Vinet:
A Lord of the Rings Photographic Journey Featuring still photography by
Pierre Vinet from the film, Lord of the Rings.' next week!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010466143]

200 Million + And Counting!
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" continued its fantastic
run at the box office, enjoying a three-peat atop the charts and becoming
the sixth movie released in 2001 to soar past the $200 million mark.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010353795]

AFI AWARDS: Full Report With Pictures
An AFI Awards report, with a whole slew of pics. Take a look, and share the
joy! 3 out of 4 awards!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010293709]

GAMING: Xbox's LOTR Game Set For November
Universal Interactive announced the details of its 2002 line-up of Tolkien
games: The Fellowship of the Ring for the Xbox video game system from
Microsoft and The Lord of the Rings, Part 1 for Game Boy Advance.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010150533]

Holiday Weekend Belongs to 'Rings'
LOS ANGELES –– Talk about ringing in the New Year. "The Lord of the Rings:
The Fellowship of the Ring" easily held the top spot at the box office over
the five-day New Year's holiday, earning nearly $56.9 million.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010124773]

LOTR Picks Up 6 Awards At Vegas
LAS VEGAS (Variety), Jan. 2 — “Memento” earned four awards from the Las
Vegas Film Critics society, including best picture, while “The Lord of the
Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” led the field of winners with six nods.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010123351]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

-Friday, January 11th: Ian McKellen (Gandalf) will be a guest on 'Larry
King' on CNN

-Friday, January 11th: Cate Blanchett (Galadriel) can be seen in the new
film 'Charlotte Gray' released today

-Sunday, January 13th: Orlando Bloom's (Legolas) Birthday.

TheOneRing.net Mystery Contest Revealed!

Well, the Mystery Contest has ended. What was the mystery? Check out the
contest page for details. In the meantime, the winners will be announced on
Friday.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/contests/122101_mystery.html]

Sideshow/WETA Contest Continues
Only 3 days left to enter the Sideshow/Weta Holiday contest!
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/contests/122401_holidaycontest.html]

Havens Holiday Contest Winners
The results are in for our Gaming Havens 2001 Holiday Contest. Three lucky
winners have LOTR Trading Card Game prize packages from Decipher on the way,
and they are...
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1010465964]

Ticket Stub Contest Winner!
A big thank you to ALL that participated in our Ticket Stub Contest! The
winner was chosen randomly from hundreds of entries!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/7/1010467890]

TV Watch:

The following is a list of the recent appearances of the LOTR cast on TV:

Ian McKellen (Gandalf) on 'Live with Regis & Kelly'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010454082]

Cate Blanchett (Galadriel) on 'The Late Show with David Letterman'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010555823]

Ian McKellen (Gandalf) on 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010644868]

Orlando Bloom (Legolas) on 'Live with Regis & Kelly'
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1010690805]

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

Barlimans is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

Gaming Havens is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL) The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Green Books closes the cover on 2001 with a special edition: a complete set
of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie reviews. And
finally two new Special Guests bring us splendid insights: Kevin Black’s
"Spiritual Lessons in LOTR" and Jody Bower’s "Archetypal Hero’s Journey."
January will have new Q & A and a huge update to the fan fiction of Moon
Letters! On behalf of all our hard-working Staff I say thank you all for
your good faith and readership. We will continue to explore the WORDS and
WORLDS of J.R.R. Tolkien if you but grace us with your mouse. May the New
Year find you content, well-fed, and safe.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

The Tolkien community never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

Our Tolkien Fan section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

Shop.theonering.net is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718