[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (15/04/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:58:06 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #123

Monday April 15th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Weekly Cast Watch
Another great chance to see your favorite LOTR star on the small screen this
week!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018845144]

Bloom on 'Black Hawk Down' Music Video
Ford sent us this link to the Full Bloom website which includes a multimedia
section where you can download a Black Hawk Down video featuring Orlando
Bloom. There's some TTT trailer download site links too.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018633316]

Gollum, The Family Man
Ringer Spy Albertine sends along a very rare Andy Serkis (Gollum) article,
the main focus of the piece is Lorraine Ashbourne, Serkis' long time
partner. But there are a few interesting LOTR remarks.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018539095]

GAMING: Games Workshop Talks LOTR
Tim Huckelbery from Games Workshop USA sends us all this great info on
future GW USA releases and information on 'GAME DAY USA'!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018441397]

Viggo Mortensen at NY booksigning
Christina sent news of this: "Viggo Mortensen will be signing copies of his
book Signlanguage at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square, New York City on
April 18, at 6pm. "
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018555668]

Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo Info
Elfee Ears sends us some info on a very cool expo taking place in Auckland,
New Zealand.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018537886]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

- April 19th Billy Boyd (Pippin) will appear at I-Con convention in New York
State
- April 19th Bruce Spence (Mouth of Sauron) film 'Queen of the Damned'
released in the UK
- April 19th Bernard Hill (Theoden) film 'The Scorpion King' released in the
US
- April 20th Andy Serkis (Gollum) birthday

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

TheOneRing.net Two Towers Teaser Tournament

The what? A contest silly! The Two Towers Teaser Tournament is your chance
to design and submit your very own Two Towers Theatrical poster and win
AMAZING prizes. First place winner will get a Sam & Bill the Pony
Sideshow/Weta Figure AND a signed Ted Nasmith poster!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018506685]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Yes indeed! -The Green Books- Staff is back after our winter hiatus. We have
a huge update for March so check it out. Anwyn’s Counterpoint has an
interview with Tolkien-inspired mandolin genius Chris Thile, whose band
Nickel Creek is fast becoming the last word on the acoustic music scene.
Introducing a brand new Q&A feature -- the MOST Frequently Asked Questions.
This quick reference tool will help answer the 13 major queries all Tolkien
fans want to know. Tookish brings us a zillion laughs, comics, and parodies
in his Ticklers section. Who needs Ebert & Roeper? We’ve got our own Dueling
Reviews of Fellowship of the Ring from a doctor (who hated it) and a young
film student (who enjoyed it) over in our Special Guest section.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718