[Lotr_announce] TheOneRing.net Newsletter (08/04/02)

Michael Regina (Xoanon) xoanon@theonering.net
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 00:54:45 -0400

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET (SEE BELOW)

TORN #122

Monday April 8th, 2002

Here it is, the weekly newsletter! Enjoy!

Rings Roundup (Top headlines of major interest)

Weekend Round Up
Missed all the news this weekend? Were you out and about catching some sun
or perhaps 'Blade 2' like I did? (Good movie, go see it) Well fear not!
We've got all the news that you may have missed!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018241090]

Sean Bean To Return To NZ
Nona from 'The Compleat Sean Bean' sends us official word that Sean Bean
(Boromir) is indeed returning to New Zealand to do a few more re-shoots for
The Two Towers and possibly The Return of the King.

TTT: Frame-By-Frame Two Towers Trailer!
We've gotten about a billion emails from people asking us to post a
frame-by-frame look at the amazing new Two Towers trailer, so we've obliged!
Follow the link to see the trailer frame-by-frame, it WILL be updated as
more info pours in! !!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1018029644]

EXCLUSIVE: 'Escape off the Road' Wall Plaque
When TORn decided to be officially sponsored by Sideshow/Weta Collectibles,
we knew there would be perks. The best is the ability to bring you Lord of
the Rings product announcements before anyone else! Introducing Lord of the
Rings Wall Plaques. These 16x9 inch masterpieces are sculpted by Virginia
Lee, yes, the daughter of Alan Lee, and are exquisitely detailed. The first
in the series is 'Escape off the Road,' and features a Ringwraith sniffing
out the hobbits.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1017986133]

The Oscars? Well, you just had to be there
Midnight on Oscar Sunday, and having packed up my laptop and taken leave of
the backstage press room, which has been the often surreal scene of my
Academy Awards experience (of which, more later), it's time to find a cab.
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1017961826]

LOTR Jeweller Interview
Jasmine Watson is one of New Zealand's leading contemporary and costume
jewelers. Her work features prominently in LOTR and can be seen in the long
running American television series Xena: Warrior Princess, and Hercules: the
Legendary Journeys. TheOneRing.net recently sat down with Jasmine to talk
about her work on LOTR and much more!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1017765406]

SHOP: Ringwraith and Steed Images
Sideshow/Weta Collectibles have posted 5 new images of the exclusive
Ringwraith and Steed statue. Some of you had asked for some close up shots,
and it looks like they have obliged!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/1/1017733541]

Palantir Visions (Things seen from beyond the front page)

COMING SOON:

- April 12th The Miranda Otto (Eowyn) film 'Human Nature' is opens in
limited release in the US

The Hall Of Fire Chatroom

BarliBash 2002... SEATTLE!!

Well, folks, the votes are in and tallied. Come July 24th-28th, Ringers
shall descend upon Seattle, Washington like some sort of geeky plague!
[http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/5/1010538929]

ADVERTISE ON THEONERING.NET

TheOneRing.net is happy to announce we are finally 'selling' our own ad
space on all pages of TheOneRing.net. If you are interested in reaching the
largest audience of Tolkien fans online, visit our advertising page. No
campaign is too short and no business is too small to advertise.
[http://www.theonering.net/theonering/ads.html]

Do YOU Have Any Cool Contest Ideas?

We're always looking for interesting contests to have fun with all the LOTR
goodies we get everyday. Do you want to submit your ideas and see them come
to life?! Send along any ideas to gamgee@theonering.net and who knows! You
may just win a prize from a contest you invented!

Scouring of the Site (Breakdown of our various sections)

-Barlimans- is more than a place to get your mead! There is the Fun Section,
Regulars Map and Photo Gallery, and of course the gateway to our ever famous
MIRC Chatroom!
GOTO: http://theonering.net/barlimans/index.html

-Gaming Havens- is keeping all you gamers up to date on the latest
RPG/Fantasy/Sci-Fi games out there. Check it out daily for gaming news.
GOTO: http://haven.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Official Peter Jackson Fanclub (TBHL)- The Lord of the Rings Director's
very own fanclub! Stop on by to learn more about the man, the myth, the
bastard. If you are a Peter Jackson fan, then 'The Bastards Have Landed' is
the place for you!
GOTO: http://tbhl.theonering.net/index.shtml

Yes indeed! -The Green Books- Staff is back after our winter hiatus. We have
a huge update for March so check it out. Anwyn’s Counterpoint has an
interview with Tolkien-inspired mandolin genius Chris Thile, whose band
Nickel Creek is fast becoming the last word on the acoustic music scene.
Introducing a brand new Q&A feature -- the MOST Frequently Asked Questions.
This quick reference tool will help answer the 13 major queries all Tolkien
fans want to know. Tookish brings us a zillion laughs, comics, and parodies
in his Ticklers section. Who needs Ebert & Roeper? We’ve got our own Dueling
Reviews of Fellowship of the Ring from a doctor (who hated it) and a young
film student (who enjoyed it) over in our Special Guest section.
GOTO: http://greenbooks.theonering.net/index.shtml

-The Tolkien community- never looked so good! Come and check out our listing
of 11 subsites hosted by TheOneRing.net! We've got everything from Rolozo
Tolkien, with almost EVERY Middle-earth image ever created, to our FX
section, devoted to the magic of motion picture special effects. As well as
a host of foreign language sites!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/sites/index.html

-Our Tolkien Fan- section is just for you! From the site design to all the
stories and text is designed by you the fans of Tolkien and TheOneRing.net!
GOTO: http://fan.theonering.net/index.shtml

-Shop.theonering.net- is THE place to find all your Tolkien items available
online! From Tolkien cards to weekly ebay items, you should keep clicking on
over to our shop section for all your Tolkien needs!
GOTO: http://shop.theonering.net/index.shtml

That's all for now, keep clicking, have fun and keep sending in those
letters! We love to hear from you!

See anything you want to add to the site? Have any suggestions as to chat
guests, content items, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line at
theonering@theonering.net, do you want to speak with a specific person? just
type in their handle (i.e. Jincey = jincey@theonering.net).

Michael Regina (Xoanon)   Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
xoanon@theonering.net     http://www.TheOneRing.net
PH: 514.947.5221
ICQ: 32063161
AOL: MVCR718